Do I really need a dish?

So, here is my situation. Just moved into a flat that has a communal dish which I'm currently using to get freeview. Don't know if it will work for dvb-s, but haven't tried it yet. Secondly, the previous tenant had a sky dish installed and left it there. My question is that if all I want is to get U.K./sky channels, the sky dish should be more than enough isn't it? I should just able to get a receiver looks sky box f3 or vu+ with necessary subs and I should be ready to go right? Can someone please shed light on this please.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

i thought a communal dish gives freesat?? as most flats are wired for sky 28.2 if so thats good you could use that for feeding your vu box,now comes the interesting bit that sat dish you now have might be pointing to other sat even better,there are rumours something might happen soon and stop us from looking at free 28.2,can you check with neighbours if its freeview dvbt by aerial or freesat dvbs by sat dish.

Might ask. At the moment, all the sky dishes in the building, including the communal dish are all pointing to the same direction, so I'm guessing it's sky 28.2

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Last edited:
what are they going to do when sky upgrade to a sky+ box think you need 2 feeds to view and record lol

I thought dishes can be used for both dvbt and dvbs. Will definitely ask the neighbours. Now to decide which box to get. The noob box f5 or something beefier like the vu+ solo. Can't afford the duo...

My uncle has a communal dish on top of his flat

The wall sockets have two coax connections.

His F5 only needs one, but it works fine
but I guess he could run a duel tuner by the looks of it.

Back