Do sky do a retainer

Noste500

Is it possible to semi close a sky account . Ie no service / pay small fee per month/ and be able to flick it back on again in future.
Looking to cancel my sly and rely on my box , but paranoid if I balls something up / problem and have no sly available .
Obviously I can go to basic package , but it's still £21 per month .....
Cheers

Hi,

Don't worry about it. If you want to go back to Sky, just keep you box and viewing card. If you want to turn it on again, you can call them and within an hour or two it's back

Thanks , I thought it may be s longer drawn out process than that ;-)

---------- Post Merged at 10:04 AM ----------

Does sky still insist that your box is connected to phone line at all times during first 12 months of a new contract ?

I have had legit sky running for 4 years. Never plugged it in. Don't think they care nowadays

They only care about it when you cancel sly tv, when I cancelled it I had an unpaid box office fight from 2 or 3 years previous. The box office billing hadn't gone through properly coz the line wasn't connected at the end of that particular month. If you do cancel sly tv you will get "Come Back" letters offering 50% off etc and the odd phone call. Even if you box only lasts 3 months you have saved more than enough to buy a new one and still be in pocket.

Can I download the programs in my sky box hdd and put on my hdd to watch in my xpeed box ?
If so how ?
Cheers

Back