Do the ZGemmas still work?

MrThing

Hi all,

I am now using a laptop with IPTV smarter but preferred the convenience of the ZGemma box.

Do they still work as the Wooshbuild wasn't great and this is what led me to using my PC.

Separately, what is the best box to use as my TV is not great and doesn't support Firestick, has to be HDMI.

Thanks,

Thing

Hi all,

I am now using a laptop with IPTV smarter but preferred the convenience of the ZGemma box.

Do they still work as the Wooshbuild wasn't great and this is what led me to using my PC.

Separately, what is the best box to use as my TV is not great and doesn't support Firestick, has to be HDMI.

Thanks,

Thing
Firestick is HDMI

If your TV has a HDMI socket the Firestick will work.

Zgemma are satellite/cabe boxes that can run IPTV.

If you still want to use a Zgemma for IPTV alone then the Zgemma 11s is cheap and you could use one for IPTV with the Jedimakerextream pluuging or X-Streamity if the VOD part of IPTV is important to you.

Or you could run grogs or Wilo builds on it that incorporate those plugins coupled with a sky look skin.

OK so I need to explain a little more...

I was on the understanding firesticks were USB and that's why I thought as I have HDMI I wouldn't be able to do it.

What is the best Firestick build and can anyone point me to a tutorial or info page please? Cheers.

I want one that has a full GUI similar to what you get by most paid providers. Catch up TV would be nice too.

OK so I need to explain a little more...

I was on the understanding firesticks were USB and that's why I thought as I have HDMI I wouldn't be able to do it.

What is the best Firestick build and can anyone point me to a tutorial or info page please? Cheers.

I want one that has a full GUI similar to what you get by most paid providers. Catch up TV would be nice too.
Firestick 4K max the best one. Or the cube when its on offer at around £55.

If your wanting the gui to have a sky look your probably better staying with the 4k Zgemma's

The firestick can run lots of IPTV apps the best imo are Tivimate and IMplayer google them and see if you like the layout, both are capable of catchup

A Firestick is an android device, you can install any android apps you want. There are many iptv apps, 2 are mentioned above, some suppliers have the own you can use.

If you google the app you are interested in, you will find out howto install it.

Cheers Ferret, is there a guide to the Firestick install that you favour?
Your iptv provider will be able to guide you on how to install their service on a firestick. They basically run a modified android os so it's just a case of finding your preferred app

Back