Do we even care about Our Children and Young Family Members?

Hey Guys!
How are you all
I was thinking about to discuss about the issue that have becoming more and more challenging now a days for every parent. It is the online safety of our children, young siblings and the youngsters of our families,
As you all are aware of the growing consequences of the internet on youngster's lives.
The internet could be a best medium for our children to learn and grow their skills effectively also in a positive directions yet it can also have a bad impact and dangerous for their safety online. e.g. Cyberbullying, Online Predation, phishing, falling for scams, downloading malware,and some posts that can come back and haunt the children life later in lives etc. I know their are numerous more problems that our children face in daily life that they are hesitated to share with all of us, because of our lack of communication plus not ready to give time to our children, which ultimately not only ruin their social lives plus in future there could have been the fatal results as per some studies.
So it is the time to wake up, not just start discussing with your children but also taking the early precautions before handing them devices. Some of the early precautionary measures that I have studied so far from different resources that I also found useful in my own life are
1. Teaching your kids few basics to use internet
2. telling them not to disclose their personal information
3. How to set secure Passwords and not giving it up easily
4. Also advising them not to be exposed too much in social media profiles.
You can also know the good tips about how to secure your kids on the internet from here.
In addition to that safer internet day is on 11th Feb that has been dedicated for children to make a better internet for them.
I think if this issue is been raised on the global level, so why not we can start create awareness on the individual levels. So lets start creating this internet a safer place for us and our loved ones.
I have done my part by taking initiative on personal level, have you started too?
You can start discussing about the things that you have done for your family members safety on the internet and also share with others to do the same.
Thanks

I am not sure if you were looking for replies and discussions or not, but I do agree that to do nothing should not be an option.
1. Teaching your kids few basics to use internet
I disagree - It's far more important than that. Learn it yourself, learn as much as you can and more, learn it well, and find a way of passing it on to them. If you can manage to do that, the remainder of your very well made points and suggestions will fall into place as a matter of course.

IMHO discussions about this sort of thing all too often concentrate on misunderstood and misstated points or advice and observations about the technological aspects of things. Instead, the issues are actually about our society and how we fit into society and how we interact with society in all it's forms. Therefore to tackle such a subject whether with youngsters or adults is a worthy social enterprise. By all means point-out the pitfalls and possible dangers, but don't wrap the kids in cotton wool and make out that the world is or can be full of unicorns farting-rainbows because no matter how hard we try it simply will never be like that. Instead given them the tools they need to function in the real world.

Back