Does anyone on this great forum use Signal Meter App ?

carmine

Good evening all,

I was just wondering does anyone on this great forum use or ever used an app I use to use on my old satellite through my mobile Phone (Android) its called SignalMeter.
It allows you to connect to your your enigma 2 box through your home router/Hub through wifi so giving you your signal strength.
As I have a Motorised system it comes in handy when installing or replacing motor which I have had to do a couple of times the last two/three years.

Anyway I use to use this with my old Zgemma H9S and it worked perfectly even let me move dish to other sats and lets you take screen shots so when Im not downstairs I can also put sat into standby mode etc.

I now have new motor and a very nice Mutant MX51 sat box, Problem is now I re installed app onto my mobile and it only connects to sat when its on 28.2 East and no other satellite positions.
When I try other sat positions it comes up with error message.

Is there a fix to this so I can use app as I did before ?

Many Thanks in advance again
Carmine

I have used it all the time since my signal meter give up the ghost.

Decent enough up a ladder if you still are able to connect to the box via wifi. Are you in range of your wifi ?

Each sat position requires you to have channels in the list for it to display a signal. Is that your issue ?

Just tried this on my receiver and it works great on different satellites. No issues
Yes It use to work for me on many different satellites with my old Zgemma H9S but with my new Mutant with Vix image only connects when on 28.2 east, strange dont we think ?

I have used it all the time since my signal meter give up the ghost.

Decent enough up a ladder if you still are able to connect to the box via wifi. Are you in range of your wifi ?

Each sat position requires you to have channels in the list for it to display a signal. Is that your issue ?
Good evening Ferret Thanks for reply...

Yes I use to use all the time with old box and would even let me move dish with app
My Wifi signal is very strong
and Channel list or sat list I have from 42 east to 30 west but only works with 28.2 east.
Could this be because Vix image is based on 28.2 east and epg updates daily on 28.2 east or not ?

very strange don't know what to try

will post image of message i get from app when trying to connect with app when its not on 28.2 east

Last edited:
here are images I get when trying to connect mobile app to sat box when its not 28.2 east.

The image is what I get when not selecting any other sat other than 28.2 east
and second image is what i get when opening details of error

Very Strange anyone got any ideas why ?
as I say worked fine with old box wonder if because OpenVix Image is based mainly on 28.2 east hence why im not able to move to other sats to get signal

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221010_181411_com.krkadoni.app.signalmeter (2).jpg
    Screenshot_20221010_181411_com.krkadoni.app.signalmeter (2).jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20221010_181454_com.krkadoni.app.signalmeter (2).jpg
    Screenshot_20221010_181454_com.krkadoni.app.signalmeter (2).jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 12
here are images I get when trying to connect mobile app to sat box when its not 28.2 east.

The image is what I get when not selecting any other sat other than 28.2 east
and second image is what i get when opening details of error

Very Strange anyone got any ideas why ?
as I say worked fine with old box wonder if because OpenVix Image is based mainly on 28.2 east hence why im not able to move to other sats to get signal
If you move the dish with the box to say 1 west and you then check signal meter on your phone does it then work ?

Yes signal is fine on box just app only works when motorised system is pointing at 28.2 east but other sat positions don't work on app and error comes up as posted on this thread/post

Yes signal is fine on box just app only works when motorised system is pointing at 28.2 east but other sat positions don't work on app and error comes up as posted on this thread/post
Im stumped mate.

Signal meter is a bit of a dump animal it displays what the receiver is showing, if signal meter didnt work at all id say its a network issue but it works on 28e.

Get a proper meter from Amazon, set the dish up then send it back Amazon for a refund 🤣
Lol 😂🤣😂
Signal on dish is okay.
Just think it's strange how this app worked fine with old sat box and for some reason only works on 28 east with this box

Lol 😂🤣😂
Signal on dish is okay.
Just think it's strange how this app worked fine with old sat box and for some reason only works on 28 east with this box
Guess you could try un installing it from your phone then reinstalling.

I'm guessing it's a problem with app not working with image
Also, have tried installing another meter app but doesn't even connect where as signalmeter app still connects but only with 28 east lol

** UPDATE **

Evening all, Just to let you know app still doesn't work as it use to on my android mobile but
On my Windows Laptop I downloaded software call ( Enigma2 Satfinder ) and it connects fine to my Mutant M51 Sat box with details I used to use with my Old Zgemma (Openpli Image) and now with Mutant ( OpenVix Image ), I can check signal strength on 28.2 east and it moves to all other sat positions on my motorised system and can turn on/off and standby etc, but can't see myself up a ladder with laptop if I ever have to adjust Dish again lol :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

It Must be problem with OpenVix not liking app on ANdoid, I also downloaded app on my wifes mobile which is also android and once again only connects to 28.2 east ...

ANOTHER UPDATE

Ignore what it says in previous reply to this thread been trying with laptop and doesn't work anymore keeps coming up with xml file faulty and vairies between xml file faulty 3 or 6 or 5 or 9 all veryy strange.

One last thing when i received Mutant M51 from woody I didn't a factory reset obviously entered my new long and latitude and then sorted out tuner so that tuner A was working then downloaded Vannibal channel list so I could get 0.8 position spot on then found fault with using old Signal Meter app on my android mob.
So the other day I deleted Vannibal channel lsit and reinstalled within OpenVix image another all motor channel list and it worked on 0.8 west with signal meter app but as soon as I moved to another sat position as soon as signal was reached the app came up with usual message ?

Its completely bamboozled me although that doesn't take a lot nowadays .......

Back