Does Location of IPTV Server Have An Effect On Its Reliability?

TazzyThor

I'm located in the US. I've tried about 5 different providers, but they all seem to buffer quite a bit. Most of the providers are based in the UK. If I use a provider whose server is based in the US, will that help fix my buffering issues?

Also, I have a VPN. Let's say if the server is in UK, should I connect my VPN to the location close the server or am I supposed to connect it to a US server?

I currently have firestick 4k max. I have about 2 gigs of memory and I use background and fast task killer apps to close all apps running in background.

A 4k Max has issues of its own, but that is for another forum. It should make no difference as to where you are in the world and where your VPN connects to. Some VPN Sites use what is called 'Multi Hop' and/or 'Virtual' locations, some streaming sites/providers do not like this, try using a 'Static' VPN location and see if that helps. Your main router will also collect a lot of 'sh$t' re-boot the main router at least once a month to clear it. You could also try connecting without a VPN connected to see how that works

I have found that using software decoder on 4k max using your iptv app (if it is supported) helps with buffering, try that

I'm located in the US. I've tried about 5 different providers, but they all seem to buffer quite a bit. Most of the providers are based in the UK. If I use a provider whose server is based in the US, will that help fix my buffering issues?
It will help for sure if the server is in the US.

Ping time from the US to the UK will be a lot higher than ping times from us to us and the stream has to go through more exchanges to get to you

What speeds are you getting from your isp will play a part also how many are on the same network.
Is there anyone else in your home streaming playing online games.
I have a couple of friends in austrailia who uses the same provider as me with very minimal buffer and he’s uk based.
When you say your getting buffering is it at particular times of the day constant buffering.

Well the answer to your question comes 2 fold. However I am not going into to much detail.

1. Yes it can be a issue if watching in the US from a UK supplier. It will depend how its set up server end.

2. Equally if a supplier cares about the service it should make no difference. However you must also appreciate who is the suppliers target audience.

3. I would make sure evreything is set up properly first before spending money on another supplier. Try a different device e.g smart tv or if you have a mate with different device.

When you say your getting buffering is it at particular times of the day constant buffering.

I would say that most of the day it's pretty good. It's more noticeable around peak hours(5-8 pm). My guess is that it's probably due to traffic congestion and not server location or isp throttling. If it is due to traffic congestion, is there anything I can do on my end to fix this issue?

I would say that most of the day it's pretty good. It's more noticeable around peak hours(5-8 pm). My guess is that it's probably due to traffic congestion and not server location or isp throttling. If it is due to traffic congestion, is there anything I can do on my end to fix this issue?
Not really if at peak times

Unless you are on full fibre to the premises not much. You can try and and steady the ship with a vpn. Express is the best out there but expensive.

Since I have been with virgin never had a issue with throttling.

Unless you are on full fibre to the premises not much. You can try and and steady the ship with a vpn. Express is the best out there but expensive.

Why do you keep repeating this you do not have issues with virmin some do and not everyone has same iptv provider. Member may not know it is not throttling but his provider getting hit :unsure:

You may not see throttling due to the speeds virgin have to offer so even if you was getting throttled you wouldnt know due to the speeds provided.
Why do you keep repeating this you do not have issues with virmin some do and not everyone has same iptv provider. Member may not know it is not throttling but his provider getting hit :unsure:
correct bud some are some don’t I’m with vm and haven’t noticed due to speeds I get but others have on vm and same provider for iptv lmfao

If a server owner is having a problem with a particular ISP provider that is there end to sort.

Proper security on servers is not cheap but will eliminate problems with isp providers.

And will prevent many of the problems we here about on here

But still 95% of issues ate with end user

Back