Does mag 256 support a vpn

redheat

Hi currently got mag 256 and been told they don't support vpn, is this true as I want a new sub that is not prone to blocks, or is there a better box I can get,

Last edited by a moderator:
No mag boxes support vpns mate so would need a vpn router me and @makido have done threads on libertyshield router and on spider vpn router mate

Some providers don't get blocked but not every block is supplier as can be customers isp blocking them with the libertyshield link that @Prim@l put up i just went onto website entered details off booklet entered my bank details they synced router up straight ran ethanet to my box job done

No mag boxes support vpns mate so would need a vpn router me and @makido have done threads on libertyshield router and on spider vpn router mate
Hi mate this is where I'm confused, you quoted that mag boxes don't support vpn but I would need a vpn router... Sorry for being thick

A magbox does not have an option to have a VPN configured within the device.

So you buy an external device such as a vpn router. You connect a ethernet cable from your internet router to the vpn router, then another ethernet cable from the vpn router to the magbox.

I think you are confusing yourself more as you seem indecisive in terms of what device you actually want? as you have also just about the other setup? (enigma 2)

As @Prim@l has mentioned mags don't take vpn so you buy a vpn router connect the vpn router to your isp router via ethanet port set up account online then connect your mag box to the vpn router via ethanet port or wireless ssid its simple to do instead of buying a new box just invest in a router and can connect all devices in your home to it so all behind vpn

A magbox does not have an option to have a VPN configured within the device.

So you buy an external device such as a vpn router. You connect a ethernet cable from your internet router to the vpn router, then another ethernet cable from the vpn router to the magbox.

I think you are confusing yourself more as you seem indecisive in terms of what device you actually want? as you have also just about the other setup? (enigma 2)

I'm in exactly the same boat. Just install it between the normal ISP router and the mag box. Liberty Shield looks pricey enough monthly. Spider VPN Router looks better value.

Is there a stand alone VPN router that you can install anyone's VPN software onto? Shark VPN seems to offer great value.

I'm in exactly the same boat. Just install it between the normal ISP router and the mag box. Liberty Shield looks pricey enough monthly. Spider VPN Router looks better value.

Is there a stand alone VPN router that you can install anyone's VPN software onto? Shark VPN seems to offer great value.
Any that supports open vpn

Ok the mist is clearing.

Just wondering where exactly does the ISP block actually happen?

Is it the IP of the IPTV provider? and if so does that happen at ISP or at the individual subscriber level?

Wow that's so simple and clever.

So if I fit one of those between ISP router and Mag Box and instal decent VPN software on it I'm good to go?

Wow that's so simple and clever.

So if I fit one of those between ISP router and Mag Box and instal decent VPN software on it I'm good to go?
You would have to install vpn onto it but the guide is easy to follow then job done mate

That's fantastic. Thanks very much.

Any VPN particularly recommended? I can see differences in locations, speeds and prices.

Back