Does My Neighbour Pay This As Part of His Sky Bill

Erinville

I hope I'm in the right section here.
My next door neighbour here in Ireland has a Sky TV package combined with Sky Broadband.
He's convinced that because he unplugged his home landline that he does not pay a landline fee because he can't see it on his bill.
He pays €55 per month to Sky.
I actually thought that even though you might not have a landline phone that you are still charged a small fee as the broadband comes in through a landline cable.
Any thoughts on this?

My next door neighbour here in Ireland has a Sky TV package combined with Sky Broadband.
He's convinced that because he unplugged his home landline that he does not pay a landline fee because he can't see it on his bill.
I actually thought that even though you might not have a landline phone that you are still charged a small fee as the broadband comes in through a landline cable.
Any thoughts on this?
I've done exact same and still have to pay for phone line ect I'm in uk

Any thoughts on this?

It doesn't appear on the bill seperately as "landline" like it used to, it's included in the price he pays for his broadband. I'm with Sky and don't use a landline.

I'm on a no landline deal.

Don't have an active phone line but have the fibre broadband

They might have done it as part of retention, but they took the money off my bill and said it was something they are rolling out. AFAIK if I plug a phone in it will not connect to a network and I have no landline no

He will still be paying for his landline rental, probably somewhere between £15 and £20, he just wont have an actual phone bill as he has no phone to make calls on, I was on the same with VM, I had to pay rental for a line I had never used, I had a long running argument to scrap the phone, after many months they agreed to do that, but they wanted more money, instead of the bill coming down £15, it was going up £3.50, I know it sounds daft but thats the way they wanted it.

Jesus.

I came off an intro offer onto 22 + 17.50 for sky fibre used moving to virgin as a bargaining and they moved me onto fibre super fast for 27 a month saying they were no longer requiring a landline.

It might be built into the cost I have no idea I've haven't plugged a phone into the landline for over ten years

Jesus.

I came off an intro offer onto 22 + 17.50 for sky fibre used moving to virgin as a bargaining and they moved me onto fibre super fast for 27 a month saying they were no longer requiring a landline.

It might be built into the cost I have no idea I've haven't plugged a phone into the landline for over ten years
I know people who have never seen a phone with wires attached to it apart from on TV

Went to jersey a few years back and visited the war tunnels.

The best exhibit was a typewriter being looked at by a little lad and his older sister. He was giving it a big wtf is THAT and she was struggling explain that it was like one of those computers you have type on a keyboard, only without the computer.

Back