Does the Z8 have netflix and amazon prime ?

mbath

TK Veteran
TK Supporter
Yes it does have netflix but mobile version only. All these types are boxes (formuler, buzz, etc) are all great because of built in apps but for whatever reason the tight sods don't pay for android tv licensing and choose to go down the android mobile route.

mobile version ? i have formular s turbo n just added netflix from store bud or not sure if u can do it with netflix as dont use it much but if u search netflix apk n dl it it on a lappy pc u shud beable to add it to box

mbath

TK Veteran
TK Supporter
I'm not saying it can't be added but from my previous research it was only mobile version which isn't full HD or anything like that and is a pain to navigate, be great if you can share a photo please?

mbath

TK Veteran
TK Supporter
That's Netflix mobile buddy which I'm saying is different to the tv version. Some people will be fine with how you have to navigate the app others will think it's a pain.

NazoDoop

TK Veteran
Got the Z8 it's an excellent upgrade from the Zgemma.

Not very good with iplayer etc as it won't scroll down at all. Not a problem can still use the firestick for that.

Recordings work a treat, however can't get timeshift to work on live TV

bazcfc1

VIP Member
TK Supporter
Got the Z8 it's an excellent upgrade from the Zgemma.

Not very good with iplayer etc as it won't scroll down at all. Not a problem can still use the firestick for that.

Recordings work a treat, however can't get timeshift to work on live TV
Have you a usb/hard drive connected for recording on z8

NazoDoop

TK Veteran
Have you a usb/hard drive connected for recording on z8

Sorted it mate. I had to enable DVR in the settings.

Someone told me there is a working apk for netflix however you guys are saying it's only a mobile version ?

bazcfc1

VIP Member
TK Supporter
I don't think it's licenced for likes of z8 ect I don't know what version is on my buzz box tbh but don't really bother with Netflix when I've vod and plex

mbath

TK Veteran
TK Supporter
Unless you have an officially licensed Android TV device whether that be on a tv built in or dedicated device like the Nvidia Shield, Google Chromecast etc you can only get the mobile version of Netflix.

I really fancy the new BuzzTV range but £160+ on a device running Android mobile under the hood is a bit disappointing. I don't know anything about the license costs but suspect that's the main reason for using Android mobile. This is the same reason I avoided the formuler range.

mike123

VIP Member
Yep. The only android tv app is the buzz app. They are expensive boxes for what they are.

I think on balance I would go for the new formuler that has the built in fta tuner aswell

kegnkiwi

TK Veteran
The mii cool range of android boxes run android tv as well. I bought my dad one as i wanted things to work out of the box. Shame he does not use it. :)

stuss

TK Veteran
TK Supporter
I thought Netflix, had downscaled the output, due to masses binge watching their platform .

NazoDoop

TK Veteran
I dont imagine anything has changed in the last 4 weeks - I presume the license cost a good wedge, and the box manufacturers dont seem to want to part with it.

It's possible on the GTV I think with a side-load