DON'T FORGET THE SIMPLE FIX! - CONNECTION PROBLEM

Taylerlee

My iptv system consists of a mag256 (hard wired) and a h96 android box (wifi) on two different subs. I have always rebooted the router a couple of times a week and with a sly download speed of around 60mbps everything has been running sweet. I don't use a vpn except for downloading so my speed is fairly fast. I have factory reset the h96 a couple of times to make sure it's running efficiently. That is until about a week ago when whichever box or sub I used I got 'connection problem' appearing at the top of the screen and a few seconds later the stream disconnected. This happened after between 10 and 20 minutes from turning the system on. Rebooting either box corrected the problem and normal service was resumed just to go down again after 10-20 mins.

I rebooted the router (turned power off) which had no effect. I couldn't get my head around why it was only impacting on the iptv boxes, the laptop, tablet, phones and smart tv stayed connected. So I took the android to my daughters house connected it up and it worked perfectly, no 'connection problem' even after 2 hours.

I did some research on this forum and the sly help and realised I had not done one of the most obvious things, 'hard reset on the router'. I held down the reset button at the rear of the sly router for 30 seconds (to make sure - they say about 10 secs). Fantastic!, it worked both boxes are running perfectly without a hitch.

I know this post is about a very basic fix but I thought it was worth just reminding people that at times we forget the obvious, and start blaming the supplier or indeed the isp when the remedy is in our hands.

My iptv system consists of a mag256 (hard wired) and a h96 android box (wifi) on two different subs. I have always rebooted the router a couple of times a week and with a sly download speed of around 60mbps everything has been running sweet. I don't use a vpn except for downloading so my speed is fairly fast. I have factory reset the h96 a couple of times to make sure it's running efficiently. That is until about a week ago when whichever box or sub I used I got 'connection problem' appearing at the top of the screen and a few seconds later the stream disconnected. This happened after between 10 and 20 minutes from turning the system on. Rebooting either box corrected the problem and normal service was resumed just to go down again after 10-20 mins.

I rebooted the router (turned power off) which had no effect. I couldn't get my head around why it was only impacting on the iptv boxes, the laptop, tablet, phones and smart tv stayed connected. So I took the android to my daughters house connected it up and it worked perfectly, no 'connection problem' even after 2 hours.

I did some research on this forum and the sly help and realised I had not done one of the most obvious things, 'hard reset on the router'. I held down the reset button at the rear of the sly router for 30 seconds (to make sure - they say about 10 secs). Fantastic!, it worked both boxes are running perfectly without a hitch.

I know this post is about a very basic fix but I thought it was worth just reminding people that at times we forget the obvious, and start blaming the supplier or indeed the isp when the remedy is in our hands.
True Just to add to that if running wifi you can always change your channels in the settings of router sly told me that when my speeds dropped using a WiFi connection they come pre set to auto but a change in channel can always up your speeds

Im with BT and the router automatically reboots every 14 days.

Thanks for the info, though.
The point I was really trying to make is, most people either manually or automatically reboot their routers periodically (recommend 2 x per week), however this did not provide a remedy for me, it was the hard reset.

Back