Don't post images from sport websites.

HiTecK

Administrator
Staff member
We've had Google take down a fair few pages the past week related to copyright material in members posts. This isn't limited to football either so can members not post images from other major sports websites from now on. I'll be deleting any threads that contain them over the next week so if your post has images taken from these websites please edit your post, and take them out.

Screenshot_20210629-100702_Gmail.jpg

We don't pick the search engine. We are listed in the majority of them. If you go down to who's online and look at robots searching the forum you'll see we have several different types crawling the site all the time.

View attachment 62737

We are funded by Google with adverts so have to abide by their rules. It's also copyright and any Administrator of any website has to act on it or end up in court if they decide to sue.
does that mean the 1s from telegram r a no then hitek? or can b dun if edited
?

Censorship going crazy. It's self advertising they are missing out on.

?
For sports listings chat etc they should be ok as the guys do there own images. Probably best avoiding anything with sky or BT sport's logos.

The ones from Telegram are usually taken from elsewhere. I had this discussion this evening with another member and the ones that had been taken from a Telegram group and posted here had been reported for copyright infringement.
It was one of many links taken down
Even if like this Where to find some of the daily football matches channels.

Those images have been made by someone. I suppose the others with logos could be classed as copyright

I've looked into this as it clearly annoyed quite a few members so...
?

If they are done from a group and not a major sports websites then they should be fine. No logos to be included from any of the league's. Same with UFC or any other sport.

Even if like this Where to find some of the daily football matches channels.

Those images have been made by someone. I suppose the others with logos could be classed as copyright

The image in that post looks fine to me. The one lower down with the logos would be a no from here on.

I've reopened this now.

I'm not sure if you could actually get around it using images in code?

Code is supposed to be hidden from none members so bots might not be able to see them

Tbh all images and posters from certain groups have logos of some kind on them which then seems to indicate will fall under copyright.

Tricky one to get around.

Back