Dream box

Hi guys ... few months back I joined the forum .... a fella pointed me in the direction of a dream box ..... I didn't get round to getting one because a few issues ....... I'm a total newbie ... could any one point me in the right direction please

Personally I have a zgemma H2S and I use wooshbuild on it. I have a 1TB USB Hard-drive and that's more than enough space. Wooshbuild is very user friendly too and the guys here are great if you have an issue. Usually someone else will have had that issue and you can find the resolution with a bit of searching and reading through the related posts. The box and that are down to preference but mine is enough for what I need. Hope this helps :-)

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

if looking at dreambox which are clones i would stay away and plenty of better single to quad tuner sat and cable boxes out.

Hi ok I'm a total newbie .... cactikid what would you suggest to have a look at ? Want to do away with my sky box . For something that is user friendly for my family

i myself prefare a move higher up the chain like an edison mini twin sat box and can run openvix 2 year warranty and less issues when setup correctly as you want to view without issues.

i myself prefare a move higher up the chain like an edison mini twin sat box and can run openvix 2 year warranty and less issues when setup correctly as you want to view without issues.

I have been looking at a couple of boxes including the Mutant cacti, but i just can`t decide. The h2s appeals to me because there seems to be a lot of support for it on here, & if using wooshbuild it`s supposed to be a fairly easy set up. What i need personally is a box that i can just plug in, enter my line manually and then sit back and watch lol.

mutant is very good as a few members have them ,lots of people buy zgemma as very popular and have issues but they dont read previous posts for the same answer posted many times before and post new threads.

mutant is very good as a few members have them ,lots of people buy zgemma as very popular and have issues but they dont read previous posts for the same answer posted many times before and post new threads.

Yeah that`s why i`m trying to do a bit of homework before i buy Mate, otherwise i would be one of them asking the questions which have already been answered :) I have learned quite a lot about my Obox since joining here, and it has served me well but want an upgrade now with sky skin etc. The only thing what puts me off is entering my line, i can do it manually but when it comes to file transferring etc i am lost Lol

Yeah that`s why i`m trying to do a bit of homework before i buy Mate, otherwise i would be one of them asking the questions which have already been answered :) I have learned quite a lot about my Obox since joining here, and it has served me well but want an upgrade now with sky skin etc. The only thing what puts me off is entering my line, i can do it manually but when it comes to file transferring etc i am lost Lol

It's really easy, just sounds scary. The hardest part is knowing where to put the file, and even then that's not hard.

There's also a plugin you can use called dreamexplorer but you still need to know how to find where the file goes, which is the same process as FTPing.

Or there's the cam importer on wooshbuild, if you went down that route.

It's really easy, just sounds scary. The hardest part is knowing where to put the file, and even then that's not hard.

There's also a plugin you can use called dreamexplorer but you still need to know how to find where the file goes, which is the same process as FTPing.

Or there's the cam importer on wooshbuild, if you went down that route.

Hi Janso, yeah i`ve already downloaded the latest version of wooshbuild in readiness. I put my line details in the appropriate file in the folder, so when i flash my zgemma with that build will it add my line for me ?

Yes, just download an ftp software proggy [ flash,cute,fizilla, ] and learn how to move files about from your box to pc & vice versa, its a simple wee program,[ ftp-ing ]...

Last edited:
Well in my opinion m8, a ftp program is a must when playing about with these type of boxes, well worth learning how to use one...

Yeah i know what you are saying mate, but with my openbox i just had to type my line details in the relevant place. I wish all the other boxes were as simple :)

I'll give you a hand to set it up if you like.

PM me your email address when you are ready and you'll be sorted in no time

I'll give you a hand to set it up if you like.

PM me your email address when you are ready and you'll be sorted in no time

Thank you very much, i will take you up on your offer :) Should be ordering over the weekend, and as soon as i receive it i`ll PM you mate. Thanks again !

Just a quick edit : I am changing my isp on the 7th, so i will wait till new router etc set up before ordering new box. I just want to make sure all is good with my OB first with no issues :) Moving from BT to PN.

Last edited:
Back