dream multimedia dm 500s

freeway7

i've ordered dm 500s,anybody know is there any software available
any info very much appreciated, thanks

Last edited:
will the dreambox work in the same ways as the starview 6..ie will it connect to the internet and recieve all the channels?

i've ordered dm 500s,anybody know is there any software available
any info very much appreciated, thanks
Go for Pli Jade 3,google pli images and youll get it...cant post links to the site coz i'm a noob Doh! lol ,do a bit of research on card sharing and familiarise yourself with the process of sharing and youll find an answer to your "all channels" query.
Yes....it can be done.
Freck

hey i have a dreambox 500-s the remote control will not work i have checked it with a phone camra and it works fine on that can any 1 help plz thanks

happy andy what information do you need ? ,do you have your box setup and opening free channels ?let me know and ill try and instruct you.

ali123 is there any way you can check your remote on another dm500s just to make sure it is indeed working .

Hi guys

I am in the same situation like Freeway7 i have ordered a DM 500-S because one of my friend told me that he bought this box and it was seted up all hi needed to do is to plug the box with an Ethernet cable to his router and he got all the channels for free i wonder how because regarding this box i red that need to be set up for card sharing ! so wondering if there is a way that i can set up this both myself and connect it to a free-server and if Piopat can send me all instruction to how to do it if there is a way !

will be much appreciated, cheers !

Hi guys

I am in the same situation like Freeway7 i have ordered a DM 500-S because one of my friend told me that he bought this box and it was seted up all hi needed to do is to plug the box with an Ethernet cable to his router and he got all the channels for free i wonder how because regarding this box i red that need to be set up for card sharing ! so wondering if there is a way that i can set up this both myself and connect it to a free-server and if Piopat can send me all instruction to how to do it if there is a way !

will be much appreciated, cheers !

There isn't a free server that you can connect to so you can leech the channels.

By what your friend has said, this means that his Dreambox DM500 was pre-programmed before to connect to a paid card share server. If this is the case then your friend would have paid a premum price for the box which includes the subs something amongst the lines of £1xx

Technically it isn't free, but it is a whole lot cheaper than paying the full package with premium TV Providers.

Right thanks for your reply dan-ge-rous well i have ordered it and reading on this forum there is clines kind of thing to set up for sharing ! do I need to buy a card for or if i don t have any card can i still share ? and if some one can send me a link or a tutorial to how to set up the box will be so kind !

thanx in advance

Right thanks for your reply dan-ge-rous well i have ordered it and reading on this forum there is clines kind of thing to set up for sharing ! do I need to buy a card for or if i don t have any card can i still share ? and if some one can send me a link or a tutorial to how to set up the box will be so kind !

thanx in advance

You can check out this vid tutorial:
[youtube]aQDNBp6w97w[/youtube]

Yes, you will need a cline in order to decrypt the premium channels, there is a thread here called "Recommend a good card share server", if you leave a message in there, someone will PM you back on how to pay for a cline. You should be good to go then. :)

as dangerous says you wont get any premium servers free say for example for sky uk but you can pay for whats called a c line ,a c line is a line of info which contains port numbers /usernames /passwords etc ,here is an example of what a c line might look like (this is just an example c line and does not work ) C: techkings.dyndns.org 12000 user1111 share1111 .

you have to put a c line into your box and in order to do that you need to connect the dm500s to your broadband router (you need an ethernet cable or some kind of wireless device such as homeplugs ) then you install a cam such as cccam (you put a c line into cccam and then the channels should open ) you need a bit of software called dream control center which you use to connect to the box.

dream control center needs a little setting up but its quite easy ,then you can connect to your dreambox and put the c line into a file called cccam.cfg . i realise this may all sound complicated but it is easier than it sounds ,but a little patience and a little pc experience is all thats needed .

one problem you may have is that your box may not have an image on it or the image may not be suitable (an image is the name for the tv software ) in which case the box will have to be flashed (flashing means putting the tv software into the box ) you need atleast a null modem cable and a bit of software called dreamup to flash the box and of course you need a suitable image .

when the box arrives connect it to the tv and to your satellite dish and plug it in ,when the box starts up look at the tv screen and if its got an image the name of the image should be displayed on the tv screen such as the GP (gemini project ) ,nabilosat ,dreamelite ,pli etc .if the box has a suitable image it wont need to be flashed again and then all you will need is to connect it to your router and install cccam ,then download dream control center and use it to put the c line into the box .

you can download dreamup /dream control center etc from the link in my signature area , if you have any questions just ask and ill do my best to answer them . you will have to buy a c line (they are not free ) they cost about £115 a year say for sky as opposed to paying sky about £700 .

ok ! thanks to Bobby123, Piopat and dan-ge-rous for your help guys (y)(y) !!! back home recieved my box this morning i ll give a try with all your infos and will post the outcome.

quick question i don t have a pc but a laptopt at home with a USB (one side) and RS232 (one side) will i be able to flash my box ?

if failed will get back to you guys again :beg:

cheers

Last edited:
you can use a null modem cable with a usb to serial adaptor ,what happens here is the serial end of the usb to serial adaptor is connected to the null modem cable which gives you a cable that has a null modem connection at one end and a usb connection at the other .however you may encounter problems here ,the problem is that in order to use a usb to serial adaptor with a null modem cable you have to install a driver in your pc (putting it simply a driver is a piece of software that tells the pc that a device is connected to it in this case a dm500s ,and lets the pc communicate with the device ) the driver software can come on a disk with the usb to serial cable or you would download the driver from the internet . the problem is that all newer windows computers run on windows vista and vista is incompatable with most drivers (that in effect means the computer cant communicate with the box) ,i have spoken to people who said they found a driver that works (but very few people i can count them on one hand ) i my self never found a driver that worked . so a sollution would be to use a desktop computer (all most all desktop computers have the same 9 pin connection that you have on the rear of the box )maybe your kids have an older one or maybe a friend has one ,then all you need is a null modem to connect the box to the computer and dreamup ,you would only need the use of the computer for about 10 minutes or so .there is an other method that requires using ftp software and maybe a little tricky for a newbie .see if you can get the use of a desktop computer ,also some suppliers send boxes with images so you may find your luck is in and the box comes with a suitable image .

Well was busy but finaly manage to flash my box wasn't that hard as Piopat said ! at the moment i am getting FTA channels but will looking for a paid server.

question for you guys i noticed trhat after flashing my box the sound of the box is very low ! anyone faced this with this DM 500-s ?

and again thanx to every one (y)

the dm500s vollume could be better and it is a bit lower than terrestrial channels on your tv or channels on a different make of box ,so the vollume is a little lower on a dm500s and there really is little you can do to make it better . you could try using the rca connections at the back of the box instead of the scart connection that may help a little ,the yellow /white/red connections are the rca connections 2 are audio and one is video . so you would need an rca cable and of course your tv would need to have the same connections .

For me i would say is not a little low than terrestrial sound but far to low !! my lcd tv volume is on 50 and my box volume is full and still can't hear it :whacko: !! i don t know if it is the image or the box as stated by Piopat.

what s the difference between the OpenPLI image and Gemini ? which one is better ?

Back