dreambox 500s remote

dianered

hi all as i bought my dreambox 500s off someone i think it has come with a code on it for the remote as i can not go on the menu is there a code i can put in so i can press the menu button any help thanks

I was having this problem aswell, if you have bought your dreambox from a supplier with c/s details already stored i.e pre-programmed, then the lock would've been put so that you dont tamper aroud with any of the settings such as the ccam.

I did find out my password by getting in touch with my supplier, if its not a pre-programmed box then you can reflash to reset the password, but all settings on the box will be wiped.

hi dan-ger-ous i have been told all i need to to is go in to menu and do an auto scan of my transponder as some channel frequency have been moved and then they will all come back on i dont think i need to reflash,i have sent away for another remote as my remote has got a bloke on it i hope i have been informed right about the transponder thanks very much for your responce and if you can help me anymore please do thanks all

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

hi dan-ger-ous a friend of mine has been round with a remote for me and yes its not the remote with the bloke on its the box if indeed you could help me in any way please do thanks

hi dan-ger-ous i have been told all i need to to is go in to menu and do an auto scan of my transponder as some channel frequency have been moved and then they will all come back on i dont think i need to reflash,i have sent away for another remote as my remote has got a bloke on it i hope i have been informed right about the transponder thanks very much for your responce and if you can help me anymore please do thanks all

---------- Post added at 12:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

hi dan-ger-ous a friend of mine has been round with a remote for me and yes its not the remote with the bloke on its the box if indeed you could help me in any way please do thanks

I just uploaded a user guide as per your first post in this quote, you can check it out here:

Dreambox DM500 User Manual - Downloads - TechKings

When you say you bought it off someone, I'm guessing you've bought it as a FTA reciever? No cline (server details) already stored on it?

hi dan-ger-ous no i bought the box with sky already on not just a ftp so i think all the stuff ie cline and c/s is with it any help at all

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

sorry fta lol

hi dan-ger-ous no i bought the box with sky already on not just a ftp so i think all the stuff ie cline and c/s is with it any help at all

---------- Post added at 12:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

sorry fta lol

Is there any way you can in contact with the bloke that sold you it?

If you cannot access the box with the remote then it might be something with the firmware, if I were to get you to reflash, you will lose the setup and the cline information will be gone rendering it to be left as an FTA box which and i'm sure you do not want that to happen. It'll be better to get in touch with your supplier if possible?

Back