Drinks company has suspended advertising on GB News

bonus2010

VIP Member
Just can't understand why Kopparberg have suspended advertising on GB News. Afterall
GB News is regulated by OFCOM, and from what I've viewed I can't imagine how anyone can take offence.
No reason given though...

Not that I can ever remember purchasing Kopparberg, but I did email to let them know
that I've suspended all future purchases indefinately with immediate effect. lol

_118938450_gettyimages-1232349257.jpg

More.........

A further three companies have suspended advertising...............

even more here

Last edited:
So before they're up and running, before they have done anything wrong, the cancel culture that emanates from places like Twitter, are attempting to make it fail before it's even started because they give an alternate view and cover topics MSM won't.
They'll keep going and boycott any company that doesn't do what they want.

Pathetic, but it's nothing new nowadays.

So before they're up and running, before they have done anything wrong, the cancel culture that emanates from places like Twitter, are attempting to make it fail before it's even started because they give an alternate view and cover topics MSM won't.
They'll keep going and boycott any company that doesn't do what they want.

Pathetic, but it's nothing new nowadays.

Cancel culture is poison from those who get offended by smallest of things be it on social media or any where else.

Sadly this is norm of this world today.

Unbelievable. These companies think Twitter speaks for the world. They're just a bunch of paid 'activists'.

The false hype is crazy. I've watched a fair bit of GB News since launch and it's much more balanced than I expected. Dan Wotton had a Corbynister on his panel last night, describing himself on the far left of the labour party and that guy spoke more than anyone else on the panel.

What these brands don't understand is their target market. Many GB News viewership won't be on twitter. There's definitely a market for it.

Personally I think the launch has been a bit amateurish if I'm honest. They're on the right track with their content but I've seen a balls up a minute from what I've watched so far. They need to hire a decent sound engineer for a start.

Highly organised cancel culture at work, here's an example of what they do. These companies always fold to a LOUD minority.

Screenshot_20210616-131519_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20210616-131545_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20210616-131606_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20210616-131625_Twitter.jpg

Twitter is full of instances like this. It's an echo chamber of woke morons. Fine if GB news were being racist etc but they haven't even got going yet but these idiots don't like I different opinion other than theirs OR ELSE!

Highly organised cancel culture at work, here's an example of what they do. These companies always fold to a LOUD minority.

View attachment 62269

View attachment 62270
View attachment 62271
View attachment 62272

Twitter is full of instances like this. It's an echo chamber of woke morons. Fine if GB news were being racist etc but they haven't even got going yet but these idiots don't like I different opinion other than theirs OR ELSE!

Tbh mate the cancel culture is good at wrecking individuals lives also regarding comments that have been said years ago not just trying to bring companies down.

They are horrid despicable people. Those part of the cancel culture just want to send their own message and have their own way.

It's most unusual how several large companies "didn't knowingly ' advertise on this channel, makes you wonder how much money they "dont know" they are paying their staff!!

It's most unusual how several large companies "didn't knowingly ' advertise on this channel, makes you wonder how much money they "dont know" they are paying their staff!!

I would imagine each of the companies that are boycotting GB News will have contracted with an advertising company who have agreed to advertise their product or services across multi-channel UK network TV broadcasters regulated by OFCOM of which GB News is now one,
so yes, they knew becasue they entered into such a contract that allows their company to be advertised on GB News. So this claim they weren't aware, seems nonsence to me.

Tbh mate the cancel culture is good at wrecking individuals lives also regarding comments that have been said years ago not just trying to bring companies down.

They are horrid despicable people. Those part of the cancel culture just want to send their own message and have their own way.
Spot on @channelking. I worry for the future of this country. It makes me glad I don't have kids and have about 25 years (touch wood) left on this earth because I shudder to think what's going to happen after that :weary:tenor (12).gif

These Twitter idiots haven't got a clue. Co-op's customer base? Generally older clientele. The kind of people that visit their local rather than doing everything online. GB News? the same. In perfect alignment. Of all the companies likely to have suffered a backlash for supporting cancel culture Co-op would have been towards the top. Thankful that they've seen sense.

A good report by the Metro, detailing GB News' Chairman Andrew Neil's response to brands boycotting GB News in their advertising campaign.

The report confirms that the brands advertising is handled by Sky Media and of course the type of contract that each of those brands have entered into,
which, from how I read it, isn't one where brands using the services of Sky Media, an advertising agency are able to select which of the 130+ channels the agency
uses. It states "most TV advertising is bought and targeted to certain agreed audiences, rather than specific channels." This proves to me that each of those brands were
aware that the ad agency is able to advertise their brand on any UK broadcaster within their portfolio because that is the contract they signed.

here's the report

A good report by the Metro, detailing GB News' Chairman Andrew Neil's response to brands boycotting GB News in their advertising campaign.

The report confirms that the brands advertising is handled by Sky Media and of course the type of contract that each of those brands have entered into,
which, from how I read it, isn't one where brands using the services of Sky Media, an advertising agency are able to select which of the 130+ channels the agency
uses. It states "most TV advertising is bought and targeted to certain agreed audiences, rather than specific channels." This proves to me that each of those brands were
aware that the ad agency is able to advertise their brand on any UK broadcaster within their portfolio because that is the contract they signed.

here's the report

The monologue last night from Andrew Neil was brilliant. Whether they were aware or not is irrelevant in my eyes. Clearly from that piece it means GB News viewers meet their target audience, so for them to now pull out because of a few wokeist complaints on Twitter, they've entered into the murky water of political advertising.

I don't know about you but I'm voting with my feet.

The monologue last night from Andrew Neil was brilliant. Whether they were aware or not is irrelevant in my eyes. Clearly from that piece it means GB News viewers meet their target audience, so for them to now pull out because of a few wokeist complaints on Twitter, they've entered into the murky water of political advertising.

I don't know about you but I'm voting with my feet.

I'm definately voting with my feet, I'm boycotting the whole lot of them!

I've been listing them:-

Kopparberg
Grolsch
Octopus Energy
Ikea
Nivea
OVO Energy
LV
Pinterest UK

Specsavers
Money supermarket (making U-turn / reviewing?)

Vodafone -- U turned reviewing?

Indeed
Bosch

Only trouble is, out of the whole lot of them, the only one I've ever used is "Specsavers", and I'll not be using them again.

Back