Driving Test Date Swap

Hi there folks,

I’ve got a nephew who has his driving test booked in may, however he feels as if he isn’t ready and is in no rush to pass. He has a friend of his who has his test scheduled for July and has asked him if he could swap tests, so neph takes july and his pal takes May.

Their both happy to do this, however how would one be able to swap dates? Would they both have to contact DVSA or is their another way?

Thanks for all your help in advance

Hi there folks,

I’ve got a nephew who has his driving test booked in may, however he feels as if he isn’t ready and is in no rush to pass. He has a friend of his who has his test scheduled for July and has asked him if he could swap tests, so neph takes july and his pal takes May.

Their both happy to do this, however how would one be able to swap dates? Would they both have to contact DVSA or is their another way?

Thanks for all your help in advance
What your asking is not possible. Contact the test centre or DVLA and rearrange through them.

Ok so it would not be possible. What would happen if my nephew cancelled and his pal was logged in waiting for test dates to come up and selected my nephews, and nephew done the same for the july date.

I have read on student forums that others have been able to swap dates.

DVSA/DVLA won't discuss another customer with someone, it's against DPA.
If your nephew wants to put back his test he'll have to rearrange but unlikely to get his mate's timeslot.
If his mate wants to bring his forward he may be out of luck but they won't discuss your nephew's test date with anyone else

Ok so if both him and his mate were to cancel at the same time, wouldn’t they both be able to find each other’s slots. As when they both cancel at the sametime, they’d be able to see the cancellations appear.

Ok so if both him and his mate were to cancel at the same time, wouldn’t they both be able to find each other’s slots. As when they both cancel at the sametime, they’d be able to see the cancellations appear.
Your asking the wrong people phone the dvla or test centre or go online

Your asking the wrong people phone the dvla or test centre or go online
Just getting the opinion and views of others bud. There may have been others in the same situation previously bud. As they say there is no harm in asking.

If he's not ready then why has he booked in for his test???
He had it booked for January previously when he was doing lessons. It had then been rescheduled due to the lockdown to May. Due to their being no lessons since January and his instructors not taking any lessons until the 22nd of April, he know feels as if he isn’t ready.

Just getting the opinion and views of others bud. There may have been others in the same situation previously bud. As they say there is no harm in asking.
I get that buddy but with this corvid the dvla are a law unto them selves and you try phoning them.

No.
There maybe 10,000 slots each week.
When someone cancels it's not going to be instant.
It may take hours or days to go back into the system.
The chances of them getting each others time slots is zero.
Can't see what difference it makes anyway if they're a few days or a week different to what they're hoping for

No.
There maybe 10,000 slots each week.
When someone cancels it's not going to be instant.
It may take hours or days to go back into the system.
The chances of them getting each others time slots is zero.
Can't see what difference it makes anyway if they're a few days or a week different to what they're hoping for
Cheers thanks for the clarification .

Good news fellas, DVSA allow test dates to be swapped as long as it’s done 3 days before the test date.
Hi

I am in a similar situation. Do you know how to do it please? is it via phone as I am unable to find any online options.

Any help will be appreciated.

Hmm according to the local facebook police rumours my local theory test centre in mansfield notts is rumoured to be closing in september :unsure: :unsure::unsure:
Glad people on here are having some success on being able to change test dates tho

Back