Drones.. DJI Spark.

Are you saying you are 2 miles from the Wind turbine, or the mavic is? it is one hell of a camera if the drone is, but I get what you are saying if you are saying you were comfortable flying close to the turbine (fear free)

I was two miles away, whilst flying the mavic, using waypoint as a positioning tool ..I couldnt get closer due to wash off the propellers. I was in total control. Or rather ocusync was.
Turbulence is a nightmare. Oh and the small fact I borrowed the mavic off a friend..

Last edited:
Local tractor has now retrieved the mess. Very lucky by the track Mark's.

i fly a spark and a mavic air. second hand spark with 3 batterys cost me 250, brilliant bit of kit, easy to fly and control.

the mavic air is very similar with better battery and 4k video.
pics are equal on both.

took these in tenby with the spark......DJI_0511.jpgDJI_0512.jpgDJI_0514.jpgDJI_0515.jpgDJI_0517.jpgDJI_0519 tenby zoomed 1.jpgDJI_0520.jpgDJI_0511.jpgDJI_0512.jpgDJI_0514.jpgDJI_0515.jpgDJI_0517.jpgDJI_0519 tenby zoomed 1.jpgDJI_0520.jpg

I had both Spark & Air, The issue with Air was range, and the noise, I fettled the range by installing a 4hawks range extenders, I got an extra 1km but comes with a price,
Nice photographs from Spark..

I am using the NLD mod software on my Spark now -- --I can thoroughly recommend that to anyone using DJI tackle -- nolimitdronez.com

My motives for going down that particular road were two-fold.
Firstly, to try to mitigate all of the DJI and google track and trace and general surveillance intrusion stuff, and;
Secondly to get around DJI's very poor and inconsistent implementation of the no-fly zones. The airspace in the general area where I live is a bit 'busy' and for a variety of reasons there are a relatively high number of NFZ's (which when all said and done is fair enough), but the way that is being implemented by DJI is an inconsistent and mostly incorrect mess. I am happy to take responsibility for myself within the framework of the rules, (but to be dictated to by DJI (or anyone else) when they are simply incorrect rather leaves a nasty taste), and NLD allows me to do just that.
There are of course other potential 'benefits' to using NLD software, range being one of them.

I use fake GPS but ocusync on mavic pro is really user friendly I have got 3.2 miles. I know on mavic air I used 5.8ghz on enhanced wifi. Imo crap ..
2.4ghz using fake gps I got a little further but image lag and transmission was like watching a 80"s betamax copy of ET.
I totally agree I uninstalled all firmware and chose the version I wanted, I wont be dictated to by DJI.. when I get back onshore I have a mavic 2 to play with.. the photo quality is seriously good..check your messages out mate.

Stuss

I use the mavic air for surveying purposes at work. And the spark recreationally. Range is plenty for work as it's close detailed images I need. I fly the spark with otg. Never really pushed the distance as I have pfco and always maintained vlos

I live in the sticks, got permission to fly off 4 local farmers, and using
Epson Moverio BT-300
vloss is never an issue.

I live in the sticks, got permission to fly off 4 local farmers, and using
Epson Moverio BT-300
vloss is never an issue.
That's interesting. I have played with a few VR type solutions (and mostly end-up feeling sea-sick), but hadn't thought to look for an AR.
Any chance you could describe the way you are connecting what to what and by what means.

Back