dsayers2014 vix3.2037 for the h2h with one set of bouquets

dsayers2014

VIP Member
Please note this is only for the for the new model h.2h with both vm and sky connection and subs

new vix 4.1.00 series HERE

please note you need both a sky and vm connection and subs for this image to wor
k

vix3.2037 for the zgemma H2.H with Chabs v1.5 VM skin with setup guide

included in this backup

mgcamd1.38 and cccam2.30
iptv player
channel numbers hack for channel numbers on epg
crossepg for sat and epg refresh for cable
catchflush plugin
Dream-Explorer
includes slyk1hd with epg tabs
see bottom of the guide on how to install

this backup has been set to generate one set of bouquets by replacing the non available
sky hd channels with vm hd channels so the channel numbers will be the same as sky 106 sky 1hd and 107 is sky living hd
please note you need both a sky and vm connection and subs for this image to work

new way to download it
ftp this imagebackups file to media/hdd/
Screenshot (28).jpg

menu
setup
vix
image manager
blue to restore

or if using the usual usb flash with the zgemma on a formatted usb stick turn of box using back power button insert usb in back and switch on using back button then box should change from usb to flash

download here:
:download:

Set with mgcamd1.38. & cccam2.3 and with all mg_cfg and newcamd.list and CCcam.cfg files needed in place! Just edit your details in and reboot! DO NOT SEND YOUR FILES IN. EDIT WHATS ALREADY THERE

Do not online update Vix on any box from Airsat (ibox/zgemma). I have updates turned off anyway.

OK. Basically u need a usb or hard drive that can be wiped and devoted to the box.
That will store program guide and recordings and timeshift to rewind TV etc.
4gb is minimum I'd recommend. But more is better.
Once image is flashed and u edit ur newcamd.list file in usr/keys or CCcam.cfg in /etc with filezilla.
Get the permanent USB/hdd onto a PC and quick format it.

ZGEMMA DISHCABLE'S SETTUP
plug one dish cable into tuner A(sat). and the second cable into B(vm).
You will need to blug kenable F Type Screw Connector Socket to RF Coax Aerial Male Adapter to plug into tuner b
rf adapter.jpg

then
menu, setup, service searching,Tuner configuration,
select Tuner B: and input your network id
check here for a list of network ids http://www.techkings.org/general-cable-tv/65862-cable-netids.html
you will need both sat and cable leads connected aswell as a sub for both
h2h setup.jpg

USB/ HARD DRIVE SETUP
Box off.
Usb in rear.
Box on.
Menu
Setup
System
Storage devices
Initialisation
Select ur drive
Red to initialise
Then convert ext3 to 4
Exit all

I don’t think the newer models need swapfile but if you want to enable it
Menu
Setup
Vix
Swapfile manager
Blue to create 256mb. Wait
Yellow to autostart
Green to start
Red to close.
Hold power button on remote for 3 secs and select Restart (not GUI)

(If u are using a large enough usb/HDD u may want to go to
Menu
Setup
System
Timeshift settings
Autostart ts after 30secs or whatever.
As it is u must press pause to start timeshift)

If you find that the screen is to large/small/off to side:
Menu
Setup
System
User interface
Position setup
U can change about here. Including transparency of windows.

TO SETUP ABM
Menu
Setup
Service searching
Autobouquets maker
Providers. Wait
Sky UK :area. Change from north west yorkshire hd to your area hd not sd or custom by pressing right or left.
You may want to go down and change sky uk channel swap to no if you don’t have bbc and itv hd versions in your area
change sky roi to yes roi hd and change all the generate bouquets to no

Then virgin(uk): area change 41064 York(ff Leeds) to your net id you do not need to generate any bouquets apart from
generate main bouquet thats for epg
Green to save.
Start scan. Wait.
Exit all
Hold power Restart

TO SETUP EPG
I have set-up crossepg for sat and epgrefresh for cable

For crossepg (sat)
Menu
setup
System
Epg
Cross EPG
Download now. Takes 5-10 mins. Will seem like its stuck on Loading Data. Wait.
Happens automatically at 6.30 am anyway.
Exit all
Hold power again and restart.

For epgrefresh (cable)
go to all channels bouquet on virgin it will be at the bottom of the list select any channel and press blue button then epg refresh now this is setup to automatically run at 5.30 am.
This is also set to shut down the box after automatic scan at 5.30am to change this portal, epgrefresh show advance options yes
Change shutdown after EPG refresh to no.

Chabs vm skin
auto bouqets setup
auto epg update set
cross epg setup to hdd for sat
epg refresh for cable
Includes mgcamd, cccam, openwebif, picture player, Media scanner, Dream-Explorer, iptv Player, epg refresh and cachflush
set to swap sky hd channels with virgin

To change the resolution

this image is set to 720p for people with lower resolution tvs if you want to change it menu, setup, system, A/V settings highlight mode and
press right to change to 1080p then green ok

To install picons if you want

google and find a picon folder.
ftp the picon folder to /usr/share/enigma2

graphical infobar epg settings.
change service title mode to picon and service name.
then graphical epg settings.
change service title mode to picon and service name.

Then channel selection settings.
show picons In service list. Change to yes.

Now press blue button then softcam Manager and start ccam.2.3.0 and blue to enable startup

Idiots Guide for adding your line with Filezilla
On your Box Menu > Info> Network > Get your box IP address
Open up Filezilla Host (top left ) Type in IP address Username root Leave others blank Press Quickconnect
Box should then connect to computer Left side computer, Right hand box
For N lines
On right hand side locate usr Double click it Then Keys Double click It You should now see 2 files Mg and Newcamd list On Newcamd list Left click/right click Then click View/Edit ( It may ask you what program you wish to view the file choose Notepad) You will see 2 samples of what your line should look like either edit your line details or Delete up to CWS = (space either side of = )
Copy and past your line Less the N: in its place
Disconnect from Filezilla By Clicking the X just under bookmarks top of page
Press blue button on remote control >.Softcam Manager Select Mg 1.38 and start cam Restart box (not with GUI)
For C lines
Instead of usr/keys on box Your line goes Complete with the C in the Ect folder on box and select CCcam and start in Softcam manager and restart box
Hope it helps

If you want to use slyk1 hd skin menu, setup, system, user interface, skin setup and select slyk1hd
check here for updates and instrucions for slyk1hd
http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-2s/84606-slyk-1-hd-sly-skin-version-3-now-available.html

pics below

rebootshutdown.jpg

20160320_102318.jpg

grab-1.jpg

channel select.jpg

epg.jpg

portal.jpg

vumoo.jpg

Last edited:
Will the channel numbers show on the EPG if using the sly skin v3 ?

yes it should work fine the channel numbers should work on all skins
i actually like that idea i could pretend that i have a cracked sky sub with hd lol
a good one for april fools day :laughing:

Last edited:
Do I need a cable in the rf and a cable in tuner a for this to work?? I only have 1 cable going into rf is that why it's not working??

you need the rf adapter in tunerb then your vm lead going into the adapter
you need the sky cable in tuner a for my image but for others you should be ok without it

---------- Post Merged at 04:56 PM ----------

Do I need a cable in the rf and a cable in tuner a for this to work?? I only have 1 cable going into rf is that why it's not working??

as dillyp70 asked in the other thread are you sure you have the correct id? http://www.techkings.org/general-cable-tv/65862-cable-netids.html

Last edited:
cant get it to flash using the vix method mate , and sticks not worked on last 2 zgem's ... shall i try renaming to tar.gz instead of zip ? cheers

are you ftping the imagebacups folder aswell?

---------- Post Merged at 05:53 PM ----------

cant get it to flash using the vix method mate , and sticks not worked on last 2 zgem's ... shall i try renaming to tar.gz instead of zip ? cheers

just tested it and both usb and vix method working fine without issues no need to rename the zipfile

Can I message you my number in pm and can u talk me through it,, or is that to far lol. I just need it ASAP lol, I have 9 sold and can't set it up hahaha

sorry pal , net id and all perfect , been around since modshack days ... was flashing on a h2 box lol hence the prob ... any decent links for a h2 backup cheers

sorry pal , net id and all perfect , been around since modshack days ... was flashing on a h2 box lol hence the prob ... any decent links for a h2 backup cheers
no probs that post wasnt for you it was for marksmith012 hopefully you'll get it sorted

Its been great so far :)

Excellent work:bye:

Is there a way i could remove the space (gap) between the channel number and channel name in the EPG it looks like the space is there for a picon i think?

And also add tabs across the top of EPG for the section names?

No sadly not that's one of the downfalls to the hack we've all tried in the 2s section. You can see what it's like with picons on epg press menu I think it's change service title mode to numbers, picons and service name.

Same again for epg tabs it hasn't been implemented for this skin I'll have a look at the weekend to see what we can do ive asked chabs in here http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-2s/88221-vm-hd-skin-v1-5-skin-5.html you can still press next and previous buttons between 0 to change bouquets.
Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update.

I have tried several images past week or so, I noticed on this sly skin v3 on a another image there were tabs the image I used was from here iPab TV Custom Zgemma Image – For ALL Zgemma Boxes | iPab TV and its OpenAtv not Vix people say that Vix is better for customising etc yet the tabs are on that atv image.

Another question (sorry) I used the auto timer to record a series of Jeremy Kyle just a test btw and it seems when setting it it will record today's one then not set next one till 7 days away rather than looking for it for tomorrow again at same time does that make sense I tried it with other daily programs too and does the same?

Also see the channel numbers on the EPG does all channels section numbers start at 5101 (virgin) rather than 101?

the skin your referring to is slyk1hd that can be used on any image vix or openatv ive asked chabs if he could add the tabs to vm hd he said yes just waiting for him to do the code and i will post on here with instructions.

with the auto timers in epg press red for options add autotimer and you should see a option for only on weekday the day your on untick it and that should sort it out.

the channel numbers start at 101 on entertainment to match sky virgin all channels is at the bottom of the list so its been allocated that number you cant have duplicate channel numbers how would it work when you type 101 if both sky and vm had the same channel number? it would clash. this image has been designed to match sky channel numbers we only need vm all channels bouquet for epg refresh

Last edited:
You think it will be possible to get the tabs on the slyk1hd then?

thanks for update on auto timer it works when press the red button then auto timer, when press the record button on a program and selecting auto timer that way it only does it weekly for that day.

ok see is there no way the all channels section can have the channel numbers with 101 etc?

Yes you can have the tabs on slyk1hd have a look at the thread full instructions on there.

If you want vm starting with 101 you need to go to Menu, setup, service searching, autobouqets marker, providers order highlight cable_uk_virgin and press yellow to move up and green to save then start scan but the entertainment bouquet will start with 4 digits.

The next update I do will include slyk1hd as an option

I just thought the all channels section could still be sky channels with the 101 matching them from the entertainment section sports etc

Do you know where that slyk1hd thread is for the tabs?

Back