Dual Tuner recording issue on openvix miraclebox

Hi Guys

Running a Miraclebox with dual cable tuners and latest openvix image but having an issue recording one channel and watching another. Both tuners are working fine (I can view channels on either A or B) but as soon as I try to record it seems to lock the tuner on most channels and doesn't fail over the the spare tuner.

I've located the preferred tuner settings in setup\system\customise settings however I'm sure I've tried every combination there and I still have the same problem.

Anyone had a similar issue or can advise the correct setting they use?

Thanks

in mine it says preferred tuner A, and then preferred tuner for recordings B
I don't have any problems with recordings

Thanks, have you got anything set under under preferred tuner DVB-C? I seem to have 4 option settings
preferred tuner = A
preferred tuner DVB-C = A
preferred tuner for recordings = B
preferred tuner DVB-C for recordings = B

first thing to check is if both tuners and you have 2 feeds are setup the same and in service searching --signal finder shows a locked signal when moving to other tuner say A to B ?
next i will ask what cam is in use /
next i will ask about your recording setup to what and how?

Hi

Both tuners are setup the same, signal finder on both A and B tuners finding a strong locked signal at 82% (I can view a clear picture on both A and B tuners by switching the preferred tuner under customise settings its just recording it doesn't like it)

Using mgcamd 1.38

Recording to an internal hard drive (cam with the box installed and supplied by ***)

Thanks

some box's hate using mgcamd1.38 for dual tuners and only let you record one channel at an time, install mgcamd1.35a and you wont have issues, i dont bother puting mgcamd 1.38 on twins anymore as its very hit and miss, with 1.35a its flawless tho ;)

have you checked to see if your line provider also allows multi room? as if its a one box one ip type line no multi tuner box will work on it. you see what a line is used in a twin box, on server side it shows as two box's trying to use the line. each tuner counts as a box in the servers eyes

Just tried 1.35a but no luck

Interestingly I'm starting to to think its line\cam related, just noticed I can still view all the freeview channels (although there's not many on cable) and as soon as I jump onto pay channels I get nothing

I'll re-visit the line tomorrow and check with my provider.. I can understand if its not allowed and there's extra traffic\multiple IP's coming from your login you can get your line shut off ect but is it possible for a 2nd tuner to simply not work due to something set server side?

Thanks

try to record a fta channel whilst watching a paid channel, if it records the other channel then it will be line related
now try to record a paid channel whilst watching a paid channel and if it doesn't record that will confirm that its line related

Last edited:
yeah its called one tuner per line, as ive said if the server only allows one connection per line a multi tuner box will only ever decode on one tuner at a time ;) ask the provider how many connections they allow per line, you need a connection per tuner so in your case u need a line that allows 2 connections at anytime, called a multiroom sub ;)

If i record bbc1 sd and go to sky sports i get nothing
If i record sky sports and go to bbc1 sd it works

I'll give him a shout tomorrow thanks :)

cobblers to mgcamd 1.35 its too old and multituner boxes are told to use either mgcamd1.38 or cccam2.30.
uk lines differ from irl lines.
most good line providers should allow a twin tuner hookup if not find a better one.

its pretty unusual to have a supplier only allow 1 tuner with the box`s that are out today, you should at least be allowed a twin line to support twin tuner box`s

That's what I thought, I can understand multiple IP's with your login you're are gonna get banned but 2 tuners is pretty standard these days
so... back on 1.38
tried a 2nd line I've been assured is all ok with multi room but still the same issue, bizarre I can view FTA channels but everything else is dead when recording, I've gotta be missing a magic setting somewhere..

That's what I thought, I can understand multiple IP's with your login you're are gonna get banned but 2 tuners is pretty standard these days
so... back on 1.38
tried a 2nd line I've been assured is all ok with multi room but still the same issue, bizarre I can view FTA channels but everything else is dead when recording, I've gotta be missing a magic setting somewhere..

you added the latest mgcam_cfg file into keys?

Hi deano ive had this problem for years so u have the updated file mg_cfg that works plz

Hopefully I've attached the one I'm using these days on here (Just remove the .txt file extension before you copy it to the box)

Attachments

• mg_cfg.txt
    3.9 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Back