Duo2 Loop out to Zgemma H9S- setup help

Hello friends.

I have DUo2 as my main receiver which has three Sat tuners and one loop out feed. I am currently using 2 tuners on 28.2 fixed and 1 tuner C as USAL for my motorised dish.

As this is my main set-up was thinking to upgrade to 4K box so can watch any available 4K channels. However, dont want to change my DUO2 yet.

So thought to try utilise this 4th loop out feed to connect with H9S box which is 4K. This is now connected with a separate HDMI port on my TV.

So my question/problem is - the loop out from DUO2 to H9S is giving me signals only for USAL or motorised dish. so effectively, I have extended my motorised dish to H9S and can watch 4K channels . However, the problem is I cannot access my 28.2 feeds on Zgemma. So if I switch channels from Hotbird to 28.2 it will move my motorised dish or i have to switch on my DUO2 and watch through that. Is there any way, I can access both dishes through 1 loop out feed?

It will save me using three remotes!!

PS- is 4K channel on Hotbird is dead- Canal 4K? it was working few months back when I last checked but now not working.

Cheers

On a vu zero also running openvix with no feeds i have setup Fallback configuration and entered my Gigablue quad box ip and that opens up my bouquets to view on my zero.

On a vu zero also running openvix with no feeds i have setup Fallback configuration and entered my Gigablue quad box ip and that opens up my bouquets to view on my zero.

Yes I have something similar on my current image but I thought I use the direct link as via WiFi it is very slow and takes aged to download

The looping out will be hap-hazard. The Zgemma will not know what the tuner on Duo2 is locked onto. As you have discovered, it will only be loping out the tuner you have connected it to. So every time you move the dish on duo 2, you will have to change tuner configuration on zgemma.

You are better off using the fallback tuner or Remote channel steam converter functions on the Zgemma. It will then ask the duo2 to move dish or use fixed one on 28.2.

The looping out will be hap-hazard. The Zgemma will not know what the tuner on Duo2 is locked onto. As you have discovered, it will only be loping out the tuner you have connected it to. So every time you move the dish on duo 2, you will have to change tuner configuration on zgemma.

You are better off using the fallback tuner or Remote channel steam converter functions on the Zgemma. It will then ask the duo2 to move dish or use fixed one on 28.2.

Great. Thanks that is helpful to know. So basically I just turn off my tuner on Zgemma and use the call back option?

The reason I was playing with these settings was to prepare myself for the potential new Virak type box which I am going to order. I think those boxes have only 1 tuner so was wondering how I am going to utilise both dishes. Would not want my motorised dish to go mad when my kids changing channels on different Sats.

I don't suppose there will be Fall Back tuner option on such boxes specifically Virak 4K or its Android version?

Great. Thanks that is helpful to know. So basically I just turn off my tuner on Zgemma and use the call back option?

The reason I was playing with these settings was to prepare myself for the potential new Virak type box which I am going to order. I think those boxes have only 1 tuner so was wondering how I am going to utilise both dishes. Would not want my motorised dish to go mad when my kids changing channels on different Sats.

I don't suppose there will be Fall Back tuner option on such boxes specifically Virak 4K or its Android version?
I run a Viark sat4 k from a loopout from my Duo2

I set the tuner im looping out from on my Duo2 to usuals and i also set the viark up to usuals.

As long as the one your not watching is in standby it works perfectly no issues moving form sat to sat regardless of the box i use or what position it was left in on either box.

Last edited:
I run a Viark sat4 k from a loopout from my Duo2

I set the tuner im looping out from on my Duo2 to usuals and i also set the viark up to usuals.

As long as the one your not watching is in standby it works perfectly no issues moving form sat to sat regardless of the box i use or what position it was left in on either box.

Thx. So how many lnbs are connected on you Duo2 in addition to your motorised?

One other dish/lnb connected to the second tuner that is linked to a Sky Mini dish.

Back