Cable Dvb/t Freeview signal strength, pixelated channels

pabloescaban

VIP Member
What's it supposed to be?
Sometimes, more frequently now, my channels are breaking up, to the point of being unwatchable.
Usually the news channels but it affects them all.
It's worse in sunshine/warm weather.
Signal is showing SNR of around 60% and 21db ISH, is this right?
When the picture is fine, I don't think these change much.
Using ABM trying to update provider files gives an error message: network connection error (errno 2) name or service not known

Checking my Saorview it says SNR 84% AGC 99% and SNR34.0 db
Indoor aerial or outdoor aerial in use as i had an attic aerial and picture would break up and was faulty cable.

Aerial could have moved, it only started when we had three storms in a week but 90% of the time it's ok.
I can't get up there, I've got a bad knee, I can get on ladders to the gutter, I'll see if I can reach it with a big stick and give it a shove, it only looks slightly out of alignment with next doors aerial

Aerial could have moved, it only started when we had three storms in a week but 90% of the time it's ok.
I can't get up there, I've got a bad knee, I can get on ladders to the gutter, I'll see if I can reach it with a big stick and give it a shove, it only looks slightly out of alignment with next doors aerial
How close to transmitter are you and if close can you use an indoor aerial to check picture quality as i was close to mine.

Not sure how far, it's Winter Hill, I'll check online now and edit this post

Sixteen miles from my roof to Winter Hill

I do not use cable or an ariel. Abu banaz posted settings on this recently I recall pabs.
On Freeview settings?
I don't have a dish so use aerial on roof for 140 channels.
I had to use CABLE prefix as there's only choice of two and it's a dvb/c/t tuner.
Another anomaly is that the HD channels no longer clear whereas they did before.
There's only half a dozen channels pixelated and these are extremely bad.....not sure it's an aerial issue but it could be, I've a feeling it's ABM or settings problem

It is most likely going to be aerail, cabling or interference.

Please do not waste your time using ABM when you have reception issues. It isn't the issue, delete ABM bouquets, and do not use it until you have resolved issue. Delete Terrestrial services so that you only have services you can receive ( ask if you need a reminder on how to do this).

In customise settings of image, there is an option to ignore dvb namespace, set it so they are not ignored. Install Terrestrial scan plugin, let it do its thing. Enable the option to create an xml file and attach it here.

Delete Terrestrial services so that you only have services you can receive ( ask if you need a reminder on how to do this).

In customise settings of image, there is an option to ignore dvb namespace, set it so they are not ignored. Install Terrestrial scan plugin, let it do its thing. Enable the option to create an xml file and attach it here.
I need reminding how to delete terrestrial services.
There's two dvb/t tuners and a dvb/s tuner.
Nothing connected apart from aerial to one tuner

Do not Ignore dvbnamespace:
Menu > Setup > Usage & GUI > Customize System Settings > Ignore DVB-T namespace subnet
Default is yes, set it to no

To delete services:
In service list, i.e. do not press the EPG button,

Press up (next to OK)
Green (reception lits/extended)
Highlight Terrestrial services
Menu
Remove Terrestrial services/selected satellite
Confirm
Restart

With regards to your Terrestrial tuners, is it
one tuner unit with one input and an internal splitter,
two physical tuners with two input connections. You would need a splitter for this setup.

Do not Ignore dvbnamespace:
Menu > Setup > Usage & GUI > Customize System Settings > Ignore DVB-T namespace subnet
Default is yes, set it to no

To delete services:
In service list, i.e. do not press the EPG button,

Press up (next to OK)
Green (reception lits/extended)
Highlight Terrestrial services
Menu
Remove Terrestrial services/selected satellite
Confirm
Restart

With regards to your Terrestrial tuners, is it
one tuner unit with one input and an internal splitter,
two physical tuners with two input connections. You would need a splitter for this setup.
It's two physical cable/terrestrial tuners external.
I only use one and never used satellite tuner.
I'll run through this tomorrow thanks, at least we'll find out whether it's the device or external equipment cheers

I understand that you are not using satellite, no need to mention that again.

From your description, you have two terrestrial tuners, but only using one of them. Please swap the tuner into which the aerial signal wire is connected and adjust your tuner configurations to match. This will test if one the Terrestrial tuners is at fault.

Dont all modern tvs have Freeview built in as i used a splitter to have tv and H7s linked up for viewing and recording and is another check with an extra tuner.

Back