DVD issues

MS2857

Hi all
i have a HP all in one pc running window 10. All was working fine last week. I was removing apps and software I no longer use. Now my DVD will not play.
when I hit the dvd short cut and select play dvd, the disc starts spinning and the software (VLC) starts to open,but a get an error message just before software opens saying it crashed, but then continue to open...looks like it going to play and then just shuts down.
looked at device manage and say the dvd is working normally, so updated the drivers, but still no change.
Any ideas as I am pulling my hair out.
thanks in advance.
Mario

Uninstall VLC, (preferably using an independent uninstaller, like "Wise Uninstaller", rather than Windows uninstaller, that way it will clean up everything, although you can try without this)............... restart, then re-install VLC. (all I'm thinking is when you were uninstalling other Apps, you've removed a shared dependency used by VLC)
..anyway first thing to try.

Hi
i have uninstalling VLC and then installed it again. No change,but I have notice that I can play mp4 file which are on a disc.
i have ever now using window 10...reset the pc and still will not play DVD’s
:-(

Try a system restore,pick a point where the dvd drive was working and let the computer do its thing,the only downside to it is everything you deleted off the computer will be restored also.

Hi Pieeater
i did think of that, but I done a window update hoping it would cure problem.
when I tried to do a restore point trick. It say I cannot do this as I recently done an update.
is that correct.

Hi Pieeater
i did think of that, but I done a window update hoping it would cure problem.
when I tried to do a restore point trick. It say I cannot do this as I recently done an update.
is that correct.
Have a look in device manager, select your DVD drive and right click and select update driver software,choose automatically search online for updated driver software,Also try a different media player.

Back