Dvd recorder with zoom feature...

TRUE BLOOD

Hey There Every1 :cheesy grin:

Hoping someone who reads this can help.....

I'm looking for a up to date DVD RECORDER either with Hard Disk or using Ram Disks that has a ZOOM Feature so when watching a movie with the Annoying Black Bars :censored: at the Top & Bottom of the screen the picture can be Zoomed to fill the screen so I'm not watching the Black Bars?

Anyone know of a DVD RECORDER with this feature Please? :cheesy grin:

Many Thanx ;)

Can you not change the aspect ratio on your TV via remote when watching those DVD's?

Like maybe for 16: to 4.3: or something like that?

Can you not change the aspect ratio on your TV via remote when watching those DVD's?

Like maybe for 16: to 4.3: or something like that?

Thanx for the reply mate... But No I can't change the aspect ratio on my sharp tv when through the hdmi it's highly annoying! :bang head:

Looking for a DVD RECORDER anyway so one with Zoom feature will be ideal!

Most DVD recorders I've used had Zoom options but eitherway the Philips DVDR3576H/37 has three zoom settings: 1.2, 1.5 and 2.0X. and should allow you to remove those black spots.

Thanx Gman496 (y)

Do you know if you lose much picture quality when zooming on the philips?

Much Appreciated!

Added after 13 minutes:

Just looked for the Philips for a price and it's not available to buy anymore it seems!

Thanx Anyway... Maybe there will be another make of DvD Recorder with a Zoom Feature... Hopefully!

Last edited:
With the zoom feature you probably wouldnt lose much quality if its in HD but you will lose some of the picture from each side and probably top and bottom too, not much but if you notice these sort of things it will be very noticeable to you.
The aspect ratio would help reduce the black borders that drive you and most people nuts, why not get a new TV instead :)

Thanx for the :quote: Change Your Tv :quote: help.... ;) But I'm All Sorted Now... Problem Solved... :happy::happy:

Someone recommended I try a :here:LG DVD RECORDER and it Works a Treat..!!(y)(y)

MASSIVE THANX BUD..!! :smoke rings:

Back