E TICKETS

wullboy

TK Veteran
Hi Guys, I have never had an E ticket before for anything [ yip...sad or what ] anyway, i am off to see the greatest rock & roll band ever..YIP you've got it...THE ROLLING STONES...got my E tickets today, and i am going to print them off, Now !! was thinking that i will print them off on a A4 sheet, but will print them at 50%, thus making the tickets smaller, someone said NO, i need to print them off on a full A4 paper and it will come out what ever size it needs to be printed, this means, i printed the ticket on a A4 sheet of paper, and when i looked at the print-off, i could cut away about 60mm on both top and bottom of the sheet and this would make it smaller to tuck away in my pocket, is this ok to do, or must i print it and leave the top & bottom blank area alone, When i go to hand over my E ticket at the ground, is it a machine scanner, or is it done by a hand scanner, If it is done with a machine scanner, then is this why the guy told me not to cut down the printed ticket down, even thought most of it is blank...

Just print it onto a a4 page and fold it, then insert into your pocket mate, they scan it with a wireless scanner.

So i could cut away the blank 60mm paper thats on the top & bottom of the A4 paper with nothing on it, to make it easier to put in my jeans back pocket, as im one for not wearing a jacket, especially when going into a crowded area, and i`m taking it that the scanners are hand held scanner, so it just needs to pick up the bar code, and it isn't going through an A4 paper scanning machine...Would like be correct ???

You'll be fine cutting blank space off, but I wouldn't personally bother. Similarly, you could probably print two to a page of A4 but the scanners may struggle, especially if your printer isn't highly accurate.

When I go to concerts, I always take duplicates anyway, for the sake of risking losing it you're better off with a spare sheet of paper in your pocket. Keep one front and one back, imagine some idiot spilling a pint on your jeans in the queue and all the ink washing away or being unscannable. By saving 1/4mm of folded paper in your pocket, is it worth messing around?

Enjoy the gig.

Back