E2iStream

If you are running a very old version of openatv/wooshbuild then the chances are that e2istream will not show up in the extensions library.
Check and post the versions on your box and we can give a better idea.
:blush:
Right, now you remember that I mentioned that I'm not au fait with the system - where do I find the version information? :blush:

:blush:
Right, now you remember that I mentioned that I'm not au fait with the system - where do I find the version information? :blush:
press the menu button and select Information -> About

Then about half way down you will see a version number, this is the version of OpenATV that is installed on your box. What is it?

Thanks Grog. I can't see the WB version there but I have found it elsewhere and its 7.02

In the "About" info I can see Version: 6.1 (is that the open ATV info?)and an installation date of 2007-11-30

Thanks Grog. I can't see the WB version there but I have found it elsewhere and its 7.02

In the "About" info I can see Version: 6.1 (is that the open ATV info?)and an installation date of 2007-11-30
It's the ATV version that is important really, as mentioned in the 2nd or 3rd post of this thread, E2Istream will not work properly on openATV 6.1 so if you want to use it you will need to reflash your box with an upto date image.

Thanks, but further down in the thread Brock posted this:

"Thanks lads.

It was just the url which I had wrong. I’ve just sent the above url to the box and it’s worked a treat and E2iStream has now updated and the apps are all working etc. So no need to flash my box thankfully.

Cheers for the info from both of you. Much appreciated. (y) "

He was running 6.1 and his post was in reply to Graham19819181's post saying this:

"Yes it may install it for you but if not remove Ep2iplayer from plugins and enter this command line in
wget http://www.softrix.co.uk/istream/installer.sh -O - | /bin/sh "

Thing is, I have no idea how to put that command in to my zgemma? I'd rather avoid reflashing if I can because I know I will completely bugger up the rest of the system which is working perfectly well at the moment (I have a CS running and IPTV subscription - both working fine and I'd like to keep it that way!)

Thanks, but further down in the thread Brock posted this:

"Thanks lads.

It was just the url which I had wrong. I’ve just sent the above url to the box and it’s worked a treat and E2iStream has now updated and the apps are all working etc. So no need to flash my box thankfully.

Cheers for the info from both of you. Much appreciated. (y) "

He was running 6.1 and his post was in reply to Graham19819181's post saying this:

"Yes it may install it for you but if not remove Ep2iplayer from plugins and enter this command line in
wget http://www.softrix.co.uk/istream/installer.sh -O - | /bin/sh "

Thing is, I have no idea how to put that command in to my zgemma? I'd rather avoid reflashing if I can because I know I will completely bugger up the rest of the system which is working perfectly well at the moment (I have a CS running and IPTV subscription - both working fine and I'd like to keep it that way!)
I've not used it on 6.1 but had read it's not for 6.1, if it works great but I suspect some sources may not work.

In your web browser on your PC type in the ip address of the box. This should load openWebIf. On the left hand side towards the bottom you should see 'Terminal' link. Click on that and then when prompted to log in enter the word root

now paste the command above, all one line.

Thanks Grog, I managed to get E2stream on to the zgemma following your instructions but I can't find a single link that works :cry:

I guess its now a choice between risking my current set up by reloading a later version of whooshbuild or give up trying to use VOD.

Thanks Grog, I managed to get E2stream on to the zgemma following your instructions but I can't find a single link that works :cry:

I guess its now a choice between risking my current set up by reloading a later version of whooshbuild or give up trying to use VOD.
Lots don't work but try these
Series9
Look
Forja
Others may work too, tsmedia if you can find it

Lots don't work but try these
Series9
Look
Forja
Others may work too, tsmedia if you can find it
Thanks for your input Pablo. I've tried Series9 but not tried the others - I'll give them a go. I'm particularly trying to find links for The Rookie Series 2.

Back