E2iStream

Dead_dog

Hi all

Is anyone having any luck streaming anything via E2iStream? I can't seem to get any content to work. It's not been great for a while but I could get Forja to work most of the time but now, even that has packed up.

I'm running E2iStream 2020.01.03.01 if that makes any difference.

Also, I've noticed that there aren't many threads on the H2S forum - has everyone moved on to bigger and better things or are poeple no longer bothering with them now that lines don't work properly?

Cheers

Hi all

Is anyone having any luck streaming anything via E2iStream? I can't seem to get any content to work. It's not been great for a while but I could get Forja to work most of the time but now, even that has packed up.

I'm running E2iStream 2020.01.03.01 if that makes any difference.

Also, I've noticed that there aren't many threads on the H2S forum - has everyone moved on to bigger and better things or are poeple no longer bothering with them now that lines don't work properly?

Cheers
There's more working links in the latest e2iplayer
LATEST UPDATED E2IPLAYER IPK

There's more working links in the latest e2iplayer
LATEST UPDATED E2IPLAYER IPK
Thanks for the link. I have had a quick look at the thread and, it appears, I am in the class of member that is considered lazy - fair enough. In my defense, it isn't laziness on my part it is pure ignorance! To be honest, I'm not sure which is worse - lazy or ignorant!

Anyway, that thread mentions lots of stuff I've never heard of (I have only read the first page so far and got very confused). I'm running Whooshbuild as it was an easy setup. Is it possible to download the latest E2iStream plug in from the "Downloadable plugins" page or do I have to do something fancy with the ipk file that was posted? I've only heard of ipk files in connection with smart phone apps - presumably the same sort of thing?

If I need to do something with the ipk is there a guide on here somewhere that says how to do that? I'm keen to learn but I'm old and, for some reason, that seems to prove problematical when trying to deal with technology - i have yet to understand why being old seems to be an automatic block to this -but it does I can learn all sorts of other stuff but tech seems to be a black hole to me!

Edit: There appear to be some instructions on that thread and also on another thread that is linked. I'll give it a go. If I have understood correctly I need to remove E2istream and install E2iPlayer and carry on form there

Last edited:
Thanks for the link. I have had a quick look at the thread and, it appears, I am in the class of member that is considered lazy - fair enough. In my defense, it isn't laziness on my part it is pure ignorance! To be honest, I'm not sure which is worse - lazy or ignorant!

Anyway, that thread mentions lots of stuff I've never heard of (I have only read the first page so far and got very confused). I'm running Whooshbuild as it was an easy setup. Is it possible to download the latest E2iStream plug in from the "Downloadable plugins" page or do I have to do something fancy with the ipk file that was posted? I've only heard of ipk files in connection with smart phone apps - presumably the same sort of thing?

If I need to do something with the ipk is there a guide on here somewhere that says how to do that? I'm keen to learn but I'm old and, for some reason, that seems to prove problematical when trying to deal with technology - i have yet to understand why being old seems to be an automatic block to this -but it does I can learn all sorts of other stuff but tech seems to be a black hole to me!

Edit: There appear to be some instructions on that thread and also on another thread that is linked. I'll give it a go. If I have understood correctly I need to remove E2istream and install E2iPlayer and carry on form there
You are confusing ipk with apk.
Apk is for android devices yes, ipk is for enigma2 boxes and other devices

Remove e2istream first
Then put the ipk from that thread onto USB and into the box
Follow on screen prompts to install it

You are confusing ipk with apk.
Apk is for android devices yes, ipk is for enigma2 boxes and other devices

Remove e2istream first
Then put the ipk from that thread onto USB and into the box
Follow on screen prompts to install it
I told you I was struggling to understand this stuff :laughing:

Thanks for your help. I've just bitten the bullet and finally updated Whooshbuild - unfortunately I've now lost the Sly skin so have to try and work out how to put that back! I wouldn't mind but I knew how to find my recordings with that skin (on the EPG) but I have no idea how to access them on the default skin! It's all part of the learning curve I guess - shame that curve is so bloody steep!!

Edit: Haha - I've just found them under "File list" button (makes sense!). Having updated I'm back to having iplayer so I just need to remove this and then install the new one and I should be golden.

Thanks again

Last edited:
I told you I was struggling to understand this stuff :laughing:

Thanks for your help. I've just bitten the bullet and finally updated Whooshbuild - unfortunately I've now lost the Sly skin so have to try and work out how to put that back! I wouldn't mind but I knew how to find my recordings with that skin (on the EPG) but I have no idea how to access them on the default skin! It's all part of the learning curve I guess - shame that curve is so bloody steep!!

Edit: Haha - I've just found them under "File list" button (makes sense!). Having updated I'm back to having iplayer so I just need to remove this and then install the new one and I should be golden.

Thanks again
You can change skins easily
Menu
Setup
Usage & GUI
Skin setup

SKy skin should be in there but it could be in wooshbuild configuration, I don't use WB

You can change skins easily
Menu
Setup
Usage & GUI
Skin setup

SKy skin should be in there but it could be in wooshbuild configuration, I don't use WB
Unfortunately there are only 2 skins in the options (neither of which are the Sky skin) and I couldn't see it under the "Skins" section of the plug in downloads. Not too worried now I have found my recordings - I'll just have to get use to a different GUI

green button green button/ skins/ wb sky skin. click on that.
then green wb config change skins in there and reboot the GUI

green button green button/ skins/ wb sky skin. click on that.
then green wb config change skins in there and reboot the GUI
I'm afraid it isn't in the list. There are plenty of various skins listed but none of them look remotely like a "Sky" one (from their names at least)

there is sky new, sky q, but the one I think you want is skywb (1.008)
I did a Whooshbuild update to Infinity this morning and the list of skins under Green>Green>Skins contain none that mention Sky at all. the oly mention I can find of Sky is under the "Skincomponents" sub-menu where it has "skyrecorder-fhd-skin". There is no other mention of Sky/Sly/Slyk anywhere. I can only assume that the list has been amended and all of the Sky-type skins have been removed for some reason.

okay best to start another thread about this then you will get all the experts commenting and you will be sorted very quickly people sometimes scan the thread titles.

Haha! I thought I was the only one on here!
you will be surprised how many members here are approaching a free pass..(myself included)
Wording & tech terms often lead to a little head scratching but it isn't that hard once you have a grip on things, most problems can be solved with a little patience which is something us old farts have in abundance unlike like these young whippersnappers who want everything done for them.

At the end of the day we all want our tech to work & TK's is a place where I can say through experience members will go the extra mile to help providing the one having difficulty has a decent attitude. Pushy whippersnappers more often than not tend to receive the cold shoulder.

Green>WB Config>Switch Skin>Change Skin......is it in there??
you go there to change the skin but you have to download it first by pressing green/ green/ skin then select the one you want
to dead dog press green/red see if you can see your preferred skin, if so go to wb config and reload your skin

Last edited:
But sometimes it's in there already if you've used it before, doesn't it?
not if you have reflashed. but yes if you have updated it will still be there but the op didn't say he had changed it to start with.

to Dead dog press green/red see if you can see your skin, if so you still have it on the box go to wb config and change back to your preferred skin

Back