E2speedtest error

I also was getting the error so deleted the Net Speed Test plugin, rebooted box and went to reinstall the plugin so I could use the fix Urie provided but the plugging is no longer available in download plugins/extensions

I also was getting the error so deleted the Net Speed Test plugin, rebooted box and went to reinstall the plugin so I could use the fix Urie provided but the plugging is no longer available in download plugins/extensions
it is available in my plugins\extensions netspeedtest (1.0rc2)

Not on mine it ain't,
It was available but both e2speedtest and Netspeedtest have both gone.
use openwebif select settings \ packages and have a look what updates are available and you can look at the all section see if they are there.

use openwebif select settings \ packages and have a look what updates are available and you can look at the all section see if they are there.

Just tried that mate, neither of them are in update.
In 'installed' and 'all' both are showing.

EDIT.... just used filezilla and went into user, lib, enigma2, python, plugins, extensions and no e2speedtest or Netspeedtest plugins in it.

Also tried to install netspeedtest via ipk but failing to install.

Last edited:
Just tried that mate, neither of them are in update.
In 'installed' and 'all' both are showing.

EDIT.... just used filezilla and went into user, lib, enigma2, python, plugins, extensions and no e2speedtest or Netspeedtest plugins in it.

Also tried to install netspeedtest via ipk but failing to install.
don't know why they are not there what are you running im on OpenATV 6.4.20210412 (2021-04-10)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 2
I'm on the same.
They were there this morning, as I thought the plugin didnt install correctly so I deleted it then reinstalled it.
I then say your fix so I deleted it again but when I went to reinstall the plugins were gone.

I'm on the same.
They were there this morning, as I thought the plugin didnt install correctly so I deleted it then reinstalled it.
I then say your fix so I deleted it again but when I went to reinstall the plugins were gone.
have you rebooted gui yet ? do you want me to zip up the E2Speedtest folder and upload it.

I ftp'd that to my box, rebooted it and installed the fix via putty, rebooted box again, now getting what's in picture when I run e2speedtest IMG_20210413_211200.jpg

Sorry it wasn't a full reboot it was a restart gui
try this one last time i used windows file manager to copy this time filezilla either that you could try going to folder with filezilla right click on E2Speedtest folder and check file attributes it should be 755

Attachments

• E2Speedtest.zip
    28.9 KB · Views: 2
try this one last time i used windows file manager to copy this time filezilla either that you could try going to folder with filezilla right click on E2Speedtest folder and check file attributes it should be 755
Sorry mate had to leave for work last night but just done the above and all is working fine now, thank you very much for your help.

Fixes for E2Speedtest and NetSpeedTest: copy and paste into puty or openwebif terminal

E2Speedtest:
Code:
cd /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/E2Speedtest

rm -r speedtest-cli

wget -O speedtest-cli https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sivel/speedtest-cli/master/speedtest.py

chmod +x speedtest-cli

NetSpeedTest:
Code:
cd /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/NetSpeedTest

rm -r speedtest-cli

wget -O speedtest-cli https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sivel/speedtest-cli/master/speedtest.py

chmod +x speedtest-cli

P.S. if you have copied older version folder over to get it working
delete the E2Speedtest folder from usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/
and reboot gui and reinstall from plugins then use E2Speedtest code above.

Many thanks this worked a treat.

Back