eBay's iHubCentral Store: A Warning

Session9

VIP Member
eBay's iHubCentral user and company store has a very high positive feedback rating, but don't put your trust in that alone. These guys know how to ignore someone when they've done something wrong.

My story below...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back in early November, I was stalking around on eBay, looking for a new PC for my brother. Trying desperately to find something cheap, no unneeded accessories with it, a company with good feedback from customers, and fast delivery. As we all do..

With much searching, comparing, help from Tech Kings members ((y)), and a little voice in my ear repeating the same words, "what about that one?" I purchased a PC from the people at the iHub Central store on eBay Australia.

Everything went fine, the delivery was amazingly fast, they communicated well, and after a painful three hours at work I finally raced home to set up my new toy, at least until I had to hand it over to my bro. Oh the excitement!

After checking out all the components with one of those "he's gonna love it" grins on my face, and a "this is so cool" sparkle in my eye, it dawned on me that the motherboard in the PC was different to the one I was expecting... :doh:

According to the website, it was meant to be a Gigabyte GA-M61PME-S2P, and the one I had was an MSI...what's goin' on here? The iHubCentral company on eBay was all too happy to reply, and confirmed the board was in fact an MSI K9N6PGM2-V, and assured me that the two boards were "identical", just different manufacturers.

Uh oh...I don't really care if it's meant to be the same, this isn't what I paid for! Discussion soon began on the Tech Kings forum (once again!) about if the MSI board could handle as much RAM as the Gigabyte board could, as this seemed to be the main difference in the two. The answer soon surfaced: No, it can't. The motherboard I received is not the same as the one I was meant to get.

*Sigh!*

And so it began...It has been one month since I purchased the PC, and three weeks of messages on eBay, emails and attempted phone calls (it's always engaged) and nada.
No reply whatsoever from the company about replacing the motherboard. After they were so quick to message me when I queried about the motherboard, it was disappointing that they hadn't even bothered getting back to me.

iHubCentral can be found here on eBay.
They're feedback is very encouraging, around 99.6% positive, see here.
I suppose the lesson here is don't expect even a company with that high a feedback rating to be honourable and honest. And DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!
If the slightest thing goes wrong, it seems that they will NOT bother to reply to anything you throw at them. They can't be trusted, and are not good business people.

Take your money to someone with a 100% positive feedback, and who is happy to return/refund.
Don't think that this, or something worse, won't happen to you.

Cheers for letting us know about them!

I was about to post a link to your original thread as I thought it was someone else with same problem! (y)

ive learnt in the past that even 100% fb does not mean that the company are reputable. Problem is we buy things from ebay get excited when they turn up and leave fb! THEN we realise there is a problem, by then its to late coz you can complain all you like - they dont care because you were daft enough to leave feedback to say all was well.
And yes if there is a problem with a buyer or seller it takes months for ebay to sort it out just for you to end up the looser anyways.

Feedback score on ebay means nothing! 100% means people sometimes act 1st before examining their goods properly,
Do your homework and look at all feedback whether its 100% or 90% and make your mind up if you trust them, then always pay via paypal as sometimes they are on your side and you do get answers.
IF a company sells you something different to what they advertise contact ebay and say its fraud - they do look into it!

Too true.
It's sad!

I'm glad I always wait until I've tried and tested everything I buy before I leave feedback.
Be smart on eBay!

I must say, indexing with TechKings and Google is amazing, just doing a quick google on 'ihubcentral ebay', and look what we have, this topic as the second search result!

Fab work from H once again, and your situation was nicely explained Session (y)

Never been that good at putting paragraphs of words together, but it turned out alright!

That's awesome that you can see this thread in Google without scrolling down when you search for 'ihubcentral ebay'

Sorry about the double post, but here's a little update...

I left negative feedback for these guys after I posted this thread.
This is what I said:

"Fast post. Wrong mobo, been 1 mnth no reply to msgs/emails, phone always engaged"

And they have replied to my feedback with:

"Upgraded mobo to MSI and serial number sent via email, pls double check again."

I was sure that going from the Gigabyte to the MSI was not an upgrade. And I received no emails from them at all, especially nothing regarding a serial number?

Is there a way that I can reply to their reply to my feedback? Or is that it?

Have you reported this situation to eBay?

Did you pay via PayPal?

It is so so frustrating when something like this happens & you can't engage with the culprit.......

Post was very well put together by the way (y)

-

Thanks Gman :)

I haven't reported it to eBay, I suppose I figured they wouldn't do much about it. I will try that now though, it's bad enough they don't reply to anything, but when they try to make this sound like my fault...

I didn't pay by Paypal. I never have that much dollars in there, and it wouldn't taken too long to transfer it from my bank. And yep, I've learnt my lesson there too, I will pay with Paypal from now on, no matter how long it takes.

I'm lucky that my dealings when I bought my computer from a company on ebay was much different than yours. Mine was actually very helpful, and when the sound card messed up during shipping, they sent out a replacement one via fed ex as soon as I contacted them....in fact, a much better one than I had ordered. I had very good communication with them via phone and email when I was setting it up.

I'm lucky that my dealings when I bought my computer from a company on ebay was much different than yours. Mine was actually very helpful, and when the sound card messed up during shipping, they sent out a replacement one via fed ex as soon as I contacted them....in fact, a much better one than I had ordered. I had very good communication with them via phone and email when I was setting it up.

What Company did you use RTM?

-

Sorry about the double post, but here's a little update...

I left negative feedback for these guys after I posted this thread.
This is what I said:

"Fast post. Wrong mobo, been 1 mnth no reply to msgs/emails, phone always engaged"

And they have replied to my feedback with:

"Upgraded mobo to MSI and serial number sent via email, pls double check again."

I was sure that going from the Gigabyte to the MSI was not an upgrade. And I received no emails from them at all, especially nothing regarding a serial number?

Is there a way that I can reply to their reply to my feedback? Or is that it?

yes there is a way to reply to fb they gave you but not yours, cant remember where to find it but i will look on ebay later for you

just looking at your other post on this 2nd page about paypal. When i use paypal if there is nothing in it they Auto take it from my bank and the seller gets it as instantly as normal paypal. I only have money in paypal account if i have sold stuff on ebay - and thats not very often

Last edited:
It's ridiculous that sellers can say bad things like that in reply to feedback, without giving the buyer a chance to say something back. Maybe sellers shouldn't be given the chance to reply to it.
Thanks for the Paypal tip too Linny, I didn't know that.

I opened up a case with eBay, and the company hasn't replied yet.

lol

That one wasn't me, I didn't find that page until I tried searching Google for this thread.
Obviously iHubCentral has pissed quite a few people off!

Back