Echo dot 4th generation blue lght

plasterer

As it says above.
Been handed an Echo dot 4th generation. It has a blue circle flashing but nothing else. On one occasion I did manage to reset it once the blu flashing turned to orange. It was connected via the Alexa app, and showing as on line. But it wouldn't do anything, no sound, tried it with headset connection, still nothing. Just thought somebody could shed some light on it, befor it makes its way to the tip. Cheers all..... Paul

The blue light circling(flashing) says it is looking for internet, the red says it cant find it.
Have you set this up yourself Paul, or was it set up elsewhere on someone else's WIFI?.
If elsewhere, it is looking for the other WIFI.

I Do have one of these that have set up myself and runs faultless, great with Spotify. This one was given to me as broken, and it does seem to be the case. I have tried to reset it via the button, and at one stage did have it connected to my WiFi and the Alexa app. But it was unresponsive in every way. Wouldn't work wit app, or manually. I think it must have an internal fault. Thanks cacti will have a peep at them youtube vids when home from work today. Thanks all.... Paul

Update. Rang Amazon told them about the fault, he asked is this my most recent purchase from Amazon I said yes. No probs he says Ile send a replacement out. Can you hold for a minute. At this point I put down the phone. Low and behold, a new one turns up yesterday. He hasn't asked for the old one back, thank god. Have both of them on line now. Fingers crossed the both stay that way. And he doesn't ask for the broken one back. Or it will all start to unravell. So far so good.... Paul

Update. Rang Amazon told them about the fault, he asked is this my most recent purchase from Amazon I said yes. No probs he says Ile send a replacement out. Can you hold for a minute. At this point I put down the phone. Low and behold, a new one turns up yesterday. He hasn't asked for the old one back, thank god. Have both of them on line now. Fingers crossed the both stay that way. And he doesn't ask for the broken one back. Or it will all start to unravell. So far so good.... Paul

Even if they did ask for the old one back it's not worth them testing it for a fault so they wouldn't even look at it. Don't worry about it at all, they aren't gonna ask.

Back