Edision Mini OS - Softcam help

Price690

Recently had to reflash my Edision Mini OS, trying to get it setup again but I am not able to get a softcam.

I am using OpenVix

When attempting to load a softcam I follow these steps:

1) Hit Menu
2)Hit Plugins
3) I'm supposed to hit green button and wait for install plugin option

However, the only options at bottom of screen are
1) press green button to download plugins
2) red button to remove plugins

When I press green it throws up an error message.

What am I doing wrong here?

Run a network test from the boxes menu and make sure your box has an IP address.

Or Menu - Information - Network

If it has an IP when you press green, download plugin it should then give you a list of plugins which you scroll
through until you find softcams, click on softcam and it will list the softcams available.

If the softcam isn't in the list check softcam manager in case it's already installed on the box.

Some reflashes leave the softcams on the box unless it's a major version change.

Ive run a network test and get green ticks across the board

As for Menu- Information- Network - It does show IP address. But I don't see any option to download a plugin. Where should this list of plugins be exactly?

I just cannot find this at all

---------- Post Merged at 07:33 PM ----------

total newbie im afraid, im not sure what version of vix it is but ive just installed it today to be honest.

I presume this is shown when you run a network test, which I did. It is connected to the internet.

To load the softcam I select plugins (press ok)

Plugin browser page opens with following options:

1) Bluetooth devices manager
2) CacheFlush
3) Cross EPG Downloader
4) Media Player
5) Media Scanner
6) Open Webif
7) Picture Player

At bottom of screen there is option to press red button (remove plugins) and green button (download plugins)

When I press green I get the following message:

"There has been an error, please try again later. If this issue persists, please check openvix.xo.uk or *************************"

The box has been working perfectly before I reflashed today. The channels had stopped working and stupidly I chose to do an update via the settings. I switched the unit off when it looked like the update was going nowhere. When I turned the Edision Mini OS back on it was stuck on same screen and the box didn't move from "boot".

I then saved the openvix file to a memory stick (format fat32) and put it in the box, it then started working again and defaulted to FTA channels. I then set about adding a cccam and putting in my old line but I cannot load the softcam at all.

reflashed with a link provided by the supplier. Presumed it was the same one they had pre loaded onto the box when I bought it as it worked a treat before.

Its only gone tits up since I tried an update via the settings and switched it off halfway through. The box was then stuck on "boot" until I reflashed with the image they sent me today. The FTA channels are back aswell but theres simply no option to load a softcam.

in the information section in settings it says its Virtuosso Image Xtreme version 3.2
Its Virtuosso Image Xtreme, version 3.2

Back