Edision OS Mini picture breakup now and then.

I'm not sure what is going on but every now and then I can be on one of the free to air channels like just now watching the football fine on bbc1 and then I change channel to itv and I get picture breakup, so I get random glitches and different colour squares on the picture. It will carry on doing this until I select standby and then turn it back on and then it will be fine after that, until next time.

it only seems to do this on a free to air channel, it's very random, I can go for days without issue, then appears again whilst I change channel.

i notice my free memory gets less and less over time from a full switch on, so goes from say 95mb to 55mb but i think that should be enough.

i have a video of the issue just need to work out how to add a link.

any clues at all ?

thanks

From Sicilian on another forum:

How to setup Crossepg in all ViX Images:
1. Make sure you have a USB stick or HDD attached for EPG data storage.
2. Press Menu > Setup > System > EPG > Settings. Using left & right buttons either side of OK set the EPG location to /media/hdd or /media/usb. Other settings in this screen can remain as default for the purpose of this guide.
3. Press green OK.
4. Now select Crossepg and press OK.
5. Select configure and press OK.
6. Change scheduled download to once a day as for most users this is enough.
7. Set scheduled download time.
8. Press Red button for BACK.
9. Select Update rytec providers and press ok.
10. Select Update XEPGDB providers and press ok.
12. Select the EPG source that you want to use for EPG data. Do not select more than what you actually use and need as selecting too many will cause memory issues. For the purpose of this guide we will select Open TV Providers > highlight open TV (astra 28.2), press OK to enable this provider and GREEN tick will appear.
13. Press RED for BACK and keep pressing exit to exit all screen.
14. Press Blue button > Select Crossepg and press OK. Crossepg will now download EPG data. Be patient and let it finish then the EPG that you selected will be populated.

This should get most peeps started with Crossepg.

EPG data will always be saved provided your power down and reboot your receiver in the correct manner by pressing standby or holding down the standby button on your remote and selecting restart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the guide, I believe this is exactly how mine is set up but will go though it again and check tomorrow.

Cheers.

I'm not sure what is going on but every now and then I can be on one of the free to air channels like just now watching the football fine on bbc1 and then I change channel to itv and I get picture breakup, so I get random glitches and different colour squares on the picture. It will carry on doing this until I select standby and then turn it back on and then it will be fine after that, until next time.

it only seems to do this on a free to air channel, it's very random, I can go for days without issue, then appears again whilst I change channel.

i notice my free memory gets less and less over time from a full switch on, so goes from say 95mb to 55mb but i think that should be enough.

i have a video of the issue just need to work out how to add a link.

any clues at all ?

thanks

you will have to add video as an attachment after you go advanced mode.

I have checked my setup as above, mostly correct except I have no XEPGDB providers update option.

Will try and the video later.

Thanks

---------- Post Merged at 07:12 AM ----------

My free memory is now down to 44mb ! My epg and recording settings are set to media/hdd.

Are there any other settings I'm missing that would be saving to internal flash ?

you only want crossepg and using 28.2 settings for your epg.

picture break up sounds like bad f connector,what is signal and quality levels at.

Here is a link to a video of my screen issue.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s2h85rneku9ijw7/IMG_0491.MOV?dl=0

---------- Post Merged at 08:06 AM ----------

Hi cactikid, yes that is what i have, only crossepg and using the 28.2 setting.

signal and quality are both around 98%

If it was a connector issue i would have thought the problem would still be there after i put the box to standby and turn it back on again, but doing this cures it.

Thanks

if running vix check out image details in case a bug is in that image and box needs to be reflashed,sometimes you can get a bad image and when others post their log details things are seen.

yes i am using openvix, i will try a reflash maybe, is it best to reset to defaults, then flash again, or just a reflash.

I think log saving is off by default but will check this as well.

Thanks for your help.

Back