MINI Edison OS Mini box problem

Dubliner

Hi folks, I hope someone might be able to help me.

I have an Edison os Mini and I have tried turning it on a few times and it will say boot and then an image pops up then the box just goes dead, anyone ever experience this?

I’m trying to use this for IPTV, not even sure if it’s possible, appreciate any help.

When you mean dead as nothing on screen or menu works.
power supply failure i wonder?

I mean the boot comes on the box when I switch it on, I get an image from the box for about 3 seconds or so then the box dies and the pic goes blank, haven’t a clue what it could be.

Remote is fine, nothing happens when I try work the remote with the box, I’ve disconnected the external hard drive just in case that was causing a problem, very frustrating!

Thanks for that, possibly that’s the issue alright, do you know if I can get IPTV on this box if I get it fixed?

I would imagine it would/could run iptv even an old vu solo cam,do you have any power supplies you can check?

I’ve tried to load up again and the openvix image appears on my screen for a few seconds and then just stops working, surely if it was a power source issue I wouldn’t get any power at al into the box?

Zgemma boxes had the same issue red light issue where it went on then off,trying a new power source would be the first to check,have you got a different power source

Zgemma boxes had the same issue red light issue where it went on then off,trying a new power source would be the first to check,have you got a different power source

I don’t have a replacement power cable no, annoying the way power is coming in but then failing to load up.

Are you near the Naas rd give Satworld a try and bring box with you as they might have a power supply to check.

I’m not but sure I’ll pick one up and see how I get on, thanks for your help, much appreciated.

yes this box will run iptv just fine, a little better, smoother & produces a slightly clearer image plus fails/glitches less than the zgemma h2s

Thanks a lot, if I can get the box to boot I’ll be back on here with more questions about getting set up!

Last edited by a moderator:
First thing to try is to flash it again surely, follow Wooshbuild instructions, if that doesn't work move on to the power supply issue.

Back