Election 2019

pabloescaban

VIP Member
It looks terrible for Labour party up to now.
They've lost Workington which they've held for 101 years.
Also reports of other seats held for over 50 years falling to Conservatives, I'm not sure labour party are in touch with modern people and are trading on 70 year old values.
I live in a labour stronghold and it's a sh!thole
Nothing ever gets done, nothing ever changes because the idiots in charge know that they have jobs for life.
Town centre is a toilet - full of poundshops and kebaberrys , and nothing else.
The council are a fu£¥ING joke and treat the residents like tramps.
I'd love it if they got binned off and someone else had a go, it would wake up all the idiots in this place when they see how a town can be run, instead of being run into the ground

Jo Swinson, lib/dem leader booted out, lost seat to SNP in Dunbartonshire by-the-sea
That'll learn her :sneaky:
Sturgeon on sky news in raptures..at this rate SNP will be the opposition in parliament rather than labour

Absolute disaster for labour.

Having finally digested it all I'm not so sure. A bigger disaster might have been a narrow defeat which led to either Jeremy Corbyn trying to cling to power or making it easy to shoehorn McDonell in a few months down the line. At least this way they get a chance at a clean break and a move towards more centrist policies that will give them a chance to win an election. Bad night, but maybe a blessing longer term.

Doesnt mean anything for the poor.

Rich and powerful have won here and will continue to win while poor win.

Conservatives are known to be pro business. So expect more higher taxes for people and nothing for corporations.

Nothing at all will change but actually get worse under Boris. Give it 12 months.

I think the labour party needs rebuilding from the ground up.
Leigh, a few miles from me, has been Labour stronghold since 1922, now Conservative
There is no such thing as a safe seat for Labour.
This can only be a good thing because towns like this, and mine have been left to decay for decades because the voters vote Labour no matter what happens, except now they don't

... and the same for those who want Scottish independence :smiley:

afraid i disagree m8
48 seats out off 59 has to be recognized and if westminster were not afraid then they should allow it,( what are they affraid of) if we are all equal , WHY DO WE HAVE TO ASK , we wont go "cap in hand "

I could have sworn you were asked about 5 years ago if you wanted independence and you said no? :unsure:

we were told if we voted no then we would stay in europe , things have changed
boris says we live in a democracy
seems its a conservative democracy or otherwords a conservative dictatorship
we only get democracy if the conservatives allow it
62% of scots voted to stay in europe

The right wing racist islamaphobic Tories will just fuel more hate amongst people. Those who can't see it well nothing I can say.

5 years of more people homelessness. More poor people with little income struggling to survive. Austerity will much worse over the next 5 years. No more free health care. Gona be American style and those who can't afford it are doomed.

While fat cats pay hardly any taxes. Politicians gona get more wealthy.

Power and money that's all for these immoral sociopaths.

for those who voted Tories.

we were told if we voted no then we would stay in europe , things have changed
boris says we live in a democracy
seems its a conservative democracy or otherwords a conservative dictatorship
we only get democracy if the conservatives allow it
62% of scots voted to stay in europe
We are definitely leaving, If you have a referendum and it favours independence, I don't think Brussels will let you stay!

The right wing racist islamaphobic Tories will just fuel more hate amongst people. Those who can't see it well nothing I can say.

5 years of more people homelessness. More poor people with little income struggling to survive. Austerity will much worse over the next 5 years. No more free health care. Gona be American style and those who can't afford it are doomed.

While fat cats pay hardly any taxes. Politicians gona get more wealthy.

Power and money that's all for these immoral sociopaths.

for those who voted Tories.
I have voted Labour all my working life, the option to Conservatives is Corbyn and I couldn't vote for him and what he stands for!!

We are definitely leaving, If you have a referendum and it favours independence, I don't think Brussels will let you stay!

true it will be complicated but solvable
in theory it could stay in without a hiatus if all member countries agreed to write it into the EU treaties.

If actually wanting to help people and make difference to people's lives is such a bad thing then Corbyn deserved to lose.

Personally he is a good guy he isn't an evil sociopath like that other guy.

Would never vote for such a racist and islamaphobic party. Fascism is rising across the world because of such leaders.

Back