Electricity to out building

patch

I want to run electric to shed from a double socket in kitchen. The socket in kitchen has 2 lives , 2 neutrals and 2 earth wires , as it's on a ring main . Can I put a fused switch next to this socket and wire from the kitchen socket to the fused switch, then from the fused switch to a double socket in my shed . Is it possible that this would overload the ring main and cause the mcb to trip or should I be ok doing this .thanks.

I want to run electric to shed from a double socket in kitchen. The socket in kitchen has 2 lives , 2 neutrals and 2 earth wires , as it's on a ring main . Can I put a fused switch next to this socket and wire from the kitchen socket to the fused switch, then from the fused switch to a double socket in my shed . Is it possible that this would overload the ring main and cause the mcb to trip or should I be ok doing this .thanks.
It's not going to overload the main, it's no different to having an extra socket in your kitchen or lounge.
It's not exactly 💯% safe though.
You're supposed to use wire armoured cable outside and it's supposed to have its own breaker.
That said, I have sockets in my shed that I run from a bedroom socket in normal TE cable 24 years ago and they still work

Thanks ,I have run the cable to shed in 20mm plastic conduit around the wall , it's only a 5ft run . Am I doing it correctly by going through a fused switch first .thanks

Thanks ,I have run the cable to shed in 20mm plastic conduit around the wall , it's only a 5ft run . Am I doing it correctly by going through a fused switch first .thanks
No one but you will be responsible if anything goes wrong, but a fused switch should be ok.
As @formandvoid says above, using an RCD would be better.
In reality, if anything did go awry, the MCB you already have covering the downstairs sockets would trip, but if you end up electrocuting yourself, pointing the finger at that Pablo freakazoid on the internet won't stand up in court (y)

Done exactly what you mentioned tapped in to the kitchen double socket spur 2.5mm cable to a 13a fuse switch then 2.5mm cable to an outside double socket and ran armoured cable outside to our bar for power

OK, so everyone will probably shout at me, but, depending on the earth type you have in the house, you probably shouldn't be taking the earth outside the equipotential zone (the house).
It's complicated to explain to a layperson, but it basically involves the earth you export(from the house socket) may actually be at a different voltage (potential) than the actual mass of earth (the ground) , and can electrocute you if something goes wrong.
Just because something works doesn't mean it's safe.
You can't see smell or hear this shit until it's too late.

OK, so everyone will probably shout at me, but, depending on the earth type you have in the house, you probably shouldn't be taking the earth outside the equipotential zone (the house).
It's complicated to explain to a layperson, but it basically involves the earth you export(from the house socket) may actually be at a different voltage (potential) than the actual mass of earth (the ground) , and can electrocute you if something goes wrong.
Just because something works doesn't mean it's safe.
You can't see smell or hear this shit until it's too late.
You're right, I don't understand, does the outside socket 'know' that it's not part of the kitchen sockets even though all the other kitchen sockets are joined together in the same way?

You're right, I don't understand, does the outside socket 'know' that it's not part of the kitchen sockets even though all the other kitchen sockets are joined together in the same way?
So, the earth in the house is actually earthed at the transformer, which could be 2 or 3 miles away, if not more.
Inside the house everything is at the same potential, Faraday cage principle.
Outside the house you are standing on the actual mass of earth, which could be a few volts different to the earth in the house from 3 miles away,
There was the case of a horse being electrocuted a few years ago due to the length of span between its legs and a damaged underground cable causing a difference in potential between its front legs and rear legs.
This may not sound like much, but remember
Volts jolt
Current kills
And just because it's "only" 13amps, anything over half an amp can kill.
The proper thing to do would be local PME, or TT, or, bang an earth rod in at the shed as a bodge would be better than nothing.

Back