Electrics keep tripping after electrical checks

bazcfc1

VIP Member
Hi all I recently had council round doing the annual electrical tests they did a pac test and since then my old tumble dryer packed in kept tripping electrics bought a new one and the same is happening after so long of the dryer been on my electrics keeps tripping out I've had an engineer out to look at the dryer nothing wrong with it any sparkies or electrons on here by trade could shed a bit of light as to what the problem maybe

Could be faulty trip or faulty wall plate or the switch which switches the dryer on could be faulty or lose connections

I've had an engineer come out and check dryer he's saying nothing wrong with the dryer as only 6 months old and under Warren ty ect my old dryer started to same after electrician ran pac tests or what ever it's called

snap... our dryer does the same...randomly trips, never used to do this & there is nothing wrong with the dryer, my guess is draw/current tolerance has been changed but I dont know IF that is even possible. annual safety checks were performed not long ago & its happened ever since.

Crap man so I'm not the only one I'm going to ring my local council see if they can come re check the electrics didn't do it before hand it's annoying especially when kids are watching something or getting washing done

Sockets are only on a 16A MCB usually they would be wired on a 32A breaker. Unless your sockets are wired on a radial circuit but most likely a ring.

You're total load is maybe more than the rated MCB? What is tripping the RCB or the MCB?

Im a spark to trade btw.

All I know is all my sockets upstairs and downstairs trip then I have to go to fuse box and flip my sockets back on

in my case its the downstairs sockets that trip, flick the switch back on & all is good till the next random time it trips but its always when the dryer is on so assume its this causing the system to trip

Ok so its only the sockets breaker that trips correct?

If the RCD is tripping also that would indicate an earth fault.

I would open the dryer socket or spur and make sure it is teminated tight snd secure

If it is just the B16A sockets breaker then i would say you are drawing too much current on the circuit.

I would remove the cover on the board if you have two 2.5 twin and earth cable providing the power to the socket circuit. swap the MCB for a 32A breaker. That should sort you out.

Same with mine beakyford but all my sockets go

Ok so its only the sockets breaker that trips correct?

If the RCD is tripping also that would indicate and earth fault.

I would open the dryer socket or spur and make sure it is teminated tight snd secure

If it is just the B16A sockets breaker then i would say you are drawing too much current on the circuit.

I would remove the cover on the board if you have two 2.5 twin and earth cable providing the power to the socket circuit. swap the MCB for a 32A breaker. That should sort you out.
My electrics are wired wrong there all on one ring to what electrician told me like I have my upstairs light and my downstairs light wired to one so when I switch my downstairs light on my upstairs light comes on

our home has separate breaker switches for upstairs & down but its the same principal, the sockets get tripped... looks like a 32A breaker is needed to stop it tripping... odd how it just started doing this not long after a safety inspection, didn't notice the spark change anything when here although we did have mains wired smoke detectors fitted around the same time but as far as I am aware they are on a separate ring main so shouldn't have impacted on sockets

My electrics are wired wrong there all on one ring to what electrician told me like I have my upstairs light and my downstairs light wired to one so when I switch my downstairs light on my upstairs light comes on

It is hard to understand what you are saying. The lighting circuit shouldn't have anything to do with the sockets tripping. If it is only the sockets tripping then i would say the breaker is faulty or its drawing too much current. If you aren't confident of open the fuse board cover etc get a spark round to see if he swap the 16A breaker to a 32A.

our home has separate breaker switches for upstairs & down but its the same principal, the sockets get tripped... looks like a 32A breaker is needed to stop it tripping... odd how it just started doing this not long after a safety inspection, didn't notice the spark change anything when here although we did have mains wired smoke detectors fitted around the same time but as far as I am aware they are on a separate ring main so shouldn't have impacted on sockets
Exact same for me beakyford apart from our smoke alarms always been on mains

It is hard to understand what you are saying. The lighting circuit shouldn't have anything to do with the sockets tripping. If it is only the sockets tripping then i would say the breaker is faulty or its drawing too much current. If you aren't confident of open the fuse board cover etc get a spark round to see if he swap the 16A breaker to a 32A.
I was just giving an example mate to how my electrics are

I've been on phone to my council there adamant it's my dryer and told me to try different sockets

Back