WilloBuild Empty File List

Spyke

Just hit a snag with my h7s Vix 5.4 ...
TV was working fine and I went to watch a recorded programme but found that my file list was showing empty even though I had a shed load of recordings on there ..... I've had this before and a restart has put everything back in order .. this time though the box booted to 45 then froze for at least 15 minutes before it fully booted .. Still have nothing showing in my recordings .. My HDD is a Seagate 500GB although in file list it is saying 64kB (100%) free disk space ... Lights are working on the HDD and I can hear it spinning ... Could it be an HDD, box or Willo issue?? Any ideas?
Thanks

Sounds like the HDD is no longer mounted.
Try switching the box off completely for 5 mins and then start it back up.

I'm also getting a message about movie organiser out of scope ... or something like that.

Sounds like the HDD is no longer mounted.
Try switching the box off completely for 5 mins and then start it back up.
Shut down completely and unplugged - reboot stalled for a bit at 36 and now has been stalled at 46 for the last 10 minutes!!!

Shut down completely and unplugged - reboot stalled for a bit at 36 and now has been stalled at 46 for the last 10 minutes!!!
I've had this before and a restart has put everything back in order .. this time though the box booted to 45 then froze for at least 15 minutes before it fully booted
Give it another 5 minutes?

I assume it's an internal HDD?

You haven't been unplugging it with the box switched on have you?

Switch the box off and unplug the HDD and then see if it boots without it.

No .. the HDD doesn't get touched.
Just on my way out so I'll try your suggestion later.
Thanks for the help so far.

I had a strange issue a while ago when my recordings disappeared so went into filelist,menu,settings,root folder and changed to /media/hdd/movie and seems to have done the trick.👍

Box boots as normal with HDD unplugged ...
I uninstalled movie organiser - rebooted - reinstalled movie organiser - rebooted and message comes up - Some plugins are unavailable, movie organiser out of range.
Deep standby - Plugged in Hdd - rebooted and back to hanging at 36 and 46 with it plugged in.

As an aside - when the box is hanging on reboot with HDD plugged in the screen displays "openvix WILLOBUILD" - With the HDD unplugged it displays "openvix WILLOBUILD 5.4" ... whether that is a clue or not!

Last edited:
I had a strange issue a while ago when my recordings disappeared so went into filelist,menu,settings,root folder and changed to /media/hdd/movie and seems to have done the trick.👍
filelist,menu,settings,root directory is empty for me.

Does the HDD appear in the Storage section of the menu?

It might be an idea to plug a USB stick in and mount it as HDD and then flash the latest ViX to another partition.

It is showing here -

1_0_19_D093_83E_2_11A0000_0_0_0_20220703133126.jpg

Just about to go out again so I'll try reflashing later ... is All4One working now on the latest Vix?
It shouldn't be full ... I have a lot on there but nowhere near the limit.

Back