Energy Bills problem paying?

There is no way out of paying your energy bills if you have used you will have to pay its like going back to the 1970 ice on the inside of the windows all sat around a open fire with a thick jumper on very sad

There is no way out of paying your energy bills if you have used you will have to pay its like going back to the 1970 ice on the inside of the windows all sat around a open fire with a thick jumper on very sad
Lol, remember it well. Mother used to put me to bed with a bobble hat on. :)

May have a look in the charity shop for a sheepskin coat. ;)

Give it 18month and we will be getting inner city riots , looting the lot. Inevitable when the rich shit on the working class. Sad thing is , us dumb peasants re-elect the sods after being brainwashed by the media into thinking maybe this lot are less dishonest than the previous Tory bunch.

People simply won't pay their gas bills.
They have a choice, feed their kids and watch them freeze to death or keep them warm and let them starve.
They'll keep them warm and fed.
If the gas people put PAYG meters in they'll have to put their kids up for adoption, the councils/government will be inundated with ten million kids to take care of.
Bills will be wiped clean, you can't put 27 million people in jail

We'll have another lockdown so they can put us under house arrest
They couldn't enforce the covid lockdown, they don't stand a chance of enforcing an energy lockdown.
Anarchy is on the way unless major changes in the next six months, deprive any society of food for three meals and anarchy is the only outcome

Tbf Trump was right, buying cheap gas and oil from Russia is a bad idea 😬

This is really really bad advice

I have been up to the point going to court and debt collectors have then "made a company decision to longer persure the debt"

Some of the stuff he said is true, a debt that is in dispute cannot be sold or pursued all letters stop and all payments stop, im not fully clued up on the full ins and outs of the laws when the service is still be provided (my case was bad debts years ago loans etc)

At a educated guess you will still be using the service so you will still have to pay for what is being used while the complaint is active.

While your complaint is in for the "arrears" you will still be racking up a huge bill, it costs them £500? Maybe I'm not sure but you will owe them more by the time its all over, the debt will just be sold on and written off as a company loss (comes off their tax bill), then the debt collectors will take over and because you have been all the way through to the omnisman you won't have a leg to stand and they will take you to court and you will loose, however a debt collector (or energy company) can't take you to court if you are willing to pay the debt (any amount you can "afford") don't tell them how much you earn etc, just take there bank details and setup a standing order for any amount you see fit

I had a little look into this don't pay movement, from what I understand they are saying cancel your direct debt and just pay for what you have used which might be ok now while it's summer but it's going to expensive in the winter as you won't have built up any "credit"

There are ways to get the bill down, for example get one of them battery/energy wall have a day night tariff, charge at night then use in the day time, BUT this doesn't help the people that are going to struggle, they can't afford this.

We used to only get about 5% (might have been 15%) of our fuel from Russia, this is just a HUGE money making racket at the minute, the government really needs to do something, I actually think they might just to save themselves in the next election and for that reason only, if it ends up with riots they know they will be out at the next election 100%

This is really really bad advice

I have been up to the point going to court and debt collectors have then "made a company decision to longer persure the debt"

Some of the stuff he said is true, a debt that is in dispute cannot be sold or pursued all letters stop and all payments stop, im not fully clued up on the full ins and outs of the laws when the service is still be provided (my case was bad debts years ago loans etc)

At a educated guess you will still be using the service so you will still have to pay for what is being used while the complaint is active.

While your complaint is in for the "arrears" you will still be racking up a huge bill, it costs them £500? Maybe I'm not sure but you will owe them more by the time its all over, the debt will just be sold on and written off as a company loss (comes off their tax bill), then the debt collectors will take over and because you have been all the way through to the omnisman you won't have a leg to stand and they will take you to court and you will loose, however a debt collector (or energy company) can't take you to court if you are willing to pay the debt (any amount you can "afford") don't tell them how much you earn etc, just take there bank details and setup a standing order for any amount you see fit

I had a little look into this don't pay movement, from what I understand they are saying cancel your direct debt and just pay for what you have used which might be ok now while it's summer but it's going to expensive in the winter as you won't have built up any "credit"

There are ways to get the bill down, for example get one of them battery/energy wall have a day night tariff, charge at night then use in the day time, BUT this doesn't help the people that are going to struggle, they can't afford this.

We used to only get about 5% (might have been 15%) of our fuel from Russia, this is just a HUGE money making racket at the minute, the government really needs to do something, I actually think they might just to save themselves in the next election and for that reason only, if it ends up with riots they know they will be out at the next election 100%
We still only get a small percentage of our gas from Russia, it's the knock on effect that is causing these price hikes.
People won't pay it.
No two ways about it, they will not pay, they have no choice but to eat, and they have no choice but to keep warm. If they can't afford both they will pay for one, you mention being taken to court, that's fine when it's one customer in a few thousand, how will they process millions and millions of people? And then a few months later, the same thing will happen again

We still only get a small percentage of our gas from Russia, it's the knock on effect that is causing these price hikes.
People won't pay it.
No two ways about it, they will not pay, they have no choice but to eat, and they have no choice but to keep warm. If they can't afford both they will pay for one, you mention being taken to court, that's fine when it's one customer in a few thousand, how will they process millions and millions of people? And then a few months later, the same thing will happen again
Yea, I didn't actually make it to court the debts where written off due to the legal loop holes which i filed in my defence, the courts stand to make alot of money debt collectors stand to make alot of money, im not saying pay it all, pay what you can (like before the price hike) not paying anything will end badly even if everyone stops paying, they have 6 years from the last payment to start court proceedings (which they will stream the process to make more money if millions stop paying), just pay what you can afford, I would guess a lot of keyboard warriors will say they won't pay then end up paying but some people will actually not pay and end up not being part of millions but thousands

Its just this madness of pay nothing, there will be people jumping on the hype to get Facebook or tiktok famous, it's a dangerous game to play to give out information like this just for a few facebook likes (not the poster here but the person in the video)

Again just pay like before the price hike tell them any old BS on the phone they cannot pursue a debt if regular payments are being made of what you say you can afford, don't answer their questions tell them you have figured out how much you can afford and they can take it or leave it

EDIT: I don't mean pay what you can afford to pay off the debt I mean just pay whatever you can afford for your gas and electric for the month, so if you regularly paid £300 per month before the price hike continue to pay £300 after the price hikes

Last edited:
Not sure anyone paid £300 monthly for energy unless they lived in a ten bedroom house.
What I can't fathom is this maximum they keep going on about,but was £1500 then it went to £2200 and it may go to £3000 etc, figures mentioned here are guesses.
The maximum was £1500?
So people with six bed detached house and heated pool and indoor sauna and heated greenhouses and Christ knows what else could use £10K of energy and not pay more than £1500?

Not sure anyone paid £300 monthly for energy unless they lived in a ten bedroom house.
What I can't fathom is this maximum they keep going on about,but was £1500 then it went to £2200 and it may go to £3000 etc, figures mentioned here are guesses.
The maximum was £1500?
So people with six bed detached house and heated pool and indoor sauna and heated greenhouses and Christ knows what else could use £10K of energy and not pay more than £1500?
I honestly don't know the full ins and outs of it all but I do understand the legal system from my own experiences, I beat 3 debt collector companies on my own research, one I was told I would never win (a mobile phone contract debt)

I understand the process of how debt recovery works, thats just my advice from the video above, I'm by no means a legal expert but that's what I will be doing.

So I just googled the price cap Check if the energy price cap affects you

Long story short it's the maximum price per unit, you can use as many units as you want but the max price per unit is set by the government, its currently 28p per unit kWh, before the recent hike it was 21p a unit

They figure the yearly price from what the average house uses

If energy is more expensive and we have to pay more why do they increase the standing charge? The standing charge doesn't cost more its a standing charge lol its just a massive cash grab from the energy companies. I can't remember if it was BP esso or shell but after the war started they brought tons of fuel from Russia for cheap then put the prices up saying its because of the war, they had to publicly apologise which means nothing, these companies really need more regulations putting on them

The thing is who do OFGEM work for ?, who gives them the right to say how much these profiteering basta**ds can charge, is it the government ?, if so why are they letting it happen, is it to recoup money from what they did'nt make in the 2 years of the Chinese Plague/lockdown, I think so !. These 2 muppets running for PM are talking about giving the public subsidies and the like, to help pay their bills, but the rip off energy companies wil stil be benefitting, theres something sneaky about this .

Why did Ofgem increase the cap?
Quote "Ofgem insisted that a quarterly price cap update would go “some way to provide the stability needed in the energy market”.

The thing is who do OFGEM work for ?, who gives them the right to say how much these profiteering basta**ds can charge, is it the government ?, if so why are they letting it happen, is it to recoup money from what they did'nt make in the 2 years of the Chinese Plague/lockdown, I think so !. These 2 muppets running for PM are talking about giving the public subsidies and the like, to help pay their bills, but the rip off energy companies wil stil be benefitting, theres something sneaky about this .
Yeh they’re the government mate

Back