GrogBuild Enigma IPTV Sub with Multiroom from same provider. One box will knock the other boxes feed out.

tomlee80

Hi Folks, So here is my quandary. I have two boxes.

- My new shiny Octagon SF8008 downstairs
- My old reliable, but clunky Zgemma H2S upstairs

Until now I've always been a one box house, but on getting my shiny new box I wanted to keep the H2S alive in some capacity. I have an IPTV sub which runs through the All4One app perfectly well on both boxes. I decided to pay a bit extra to my IPTV supplier for multiroom so I could use the Zgemma in my office for absolute dedicated IPTV (I use FreeSat + IPTV Downstairs on the Octagon). Now, I'm not sure whether by luck, my girlfriend was just viewing satellite channels downstairs when I was watching IPTV upstairs, but in the last week its become apparent that the moment both of us access IPTV on the boxes, one will freeze. I have a direct ethernet connection from the router that delivers 120Mbps minimum downstairs to the Octagon, upstairs via homeplug we'll say 50Mbps (but probably higher as my test shows about 98 right now).

There's a telegram support forum from my supplier that I'm sure some of you are members of, they told me that:

Enigma Boxes have issues with multiroom from the same supplier. Its an enigma thing. Go with an android box to keep IPTV in both rooms, or choose a whole new IPTV line for the second IPTV feed as this works better than multiroom from the same supplier.

They told me to try my sub on my phone. I contacted my supplier (who's really great by the way - he showed me proof that he has me set up on multiroom) and he provided me with an android app to enter my AllForOne sub details into and watch on my phone.

It works. I can watch my channel upstairs on my phone (and chromecast to a TV using a VLC for Android workaround) and my girlfriend can watch another channel downstairs.

But I don't want this to be phone based. I need it to work on my panel upstairs directly.

What I'd like to know is.... Is there really an inherent issue with Enigma 2 receivers that deny multiroom from the same provider, or is it just my old Zgemma box (note that if I start an IPTV channel upstairs on the Zgemma it freezes the faster Octagon box downstairs as well as vice versa) and do I need to just get over myself and buy an android stick/box for upstairs to replace it?

Last edited:
Hi Folks, So here is my quandary. I have two boxes.

- My new shiny Octagon SF8008 downstairs
- My old reliable, but clunky Zgemma H2S upstairs

Until now I've always been a one box house, but on getting my shiny new box I wanted to keep the H2S alive in some capacity. I have an IPTV sub which runs through the All4One app perfectly well on both boxes. I decided to pay a bit extra to my IPTV supplier for multiroom so I could use the Zgemma in my office for absolute dedicated IPTV (I use FreeSat + IPTV Downstairs on the Octagon). Now, I'm not sure whether by luck, my girlfriend was just viewing satellite channels downstairs when I was watching IPTV upstairs, but in the last week its become apparent that the moment both of us access IPTV on the boxes, one will freeze. I have a direct ethernet connection from the router that delivers 120Mbps minimum downstairs to the Octagon, upstairs via homeplug we'll say 50Mbps (but probably higher as my test shows about 98 right now).

There's a telegram support forum from my supplier that I'm sure some of you are members of, they told me that:

Enigma Boxes have issues with multiroom from the same supplier. Its an enigma thing. Go with an android box or to keep enigma in both rooms, choose a different supplier for the second IPTV feed as this works better than multiroom.

They told me to try my sub on my phone. I contacted my supplier (who's really great by the way - he showed me proof that he has me set up on multiroom) and he provided me with an android app to enter my AllForOne sub details into and watch on my phone.

It works. I can watch my channel upstairs on my phone (and chromecast to a TV using a VLC for Android workaround) and my girlfriend can watch another channel downstairs.

But I don't want this to be phone based. I need it to work on my panel upstairs directly.

What I'd like to know is.... Is there really an inherent issue with Enigma 2 receivers that deny multiroom from the same provider, or is it just my old Zgemma box (note that if I start an IPTV channel upstairs on the Zgemma it freezes the faster Octagon box downstairs as well as vice versa) and do I need to just get over myself and buy an android stick/box for upstairs to replace it?
It would be cheaper to buy a firestick for upstairs rather than buy another sub for the H2s, then you can use the multi sub on octagon and Android at the same time.
The H2s is a museum piece now anyway, lots of high quality streams won't work on it

It would be cheaper to buy a firestick for upstairs rather than buy another sub for the H2s, then you can use the multi sub on octagon and Android at the same time.
The H2s is a museum piece now anyway, lots of high quality streams won't work on it

Would the new Google TV Chromecast be sufficient? Currently got the old Chromecast Ultra 4K but that has no internal storage. The new Chromecast does have the ability to store apps. We're kind of in the Google Ecosystem with the stuff round our house.

I've never used Chromecast but I'd be a bit wary of climbing into bed with Google, you only have to watch one fishing programme and you'll be inundated with emails about fishing tackle for a month

I dont think there is, ive run the same, a multiroom package from the same supplier on e2 boxes with no issues. I ran it via the Jedi maker plugin though but i dont see the plugin making any difference..

So your using the same url and logging details on both boxes ? Thats normally the case under multiroom accounts the server just allows 2 connections. Ask you supplier if he could offer you a second login for the Zgemma. See if that works.

I think it's more of a zgemma issue. Seems that it doesn't manually reconnect to a stream and you have to change channels when a second device is on. A short term solution I found was to add the plugin "quarterpounder" to both boxes so it automatically reconnects and gets rid of black screen. Only way around seemed to be two separate subs or use an android device and zgemma instead of 2 zgemma boxes

I would ditch the H2s, they aren't good for IPTV these days for numerous reasons, 1 being they can't stream a lot of the latest IPTV feeds as providers have upgraded them to something the H2s can't handle.

I have similar setup to you, vu+ box downstairs and zgemma h52tc upstairs. I use them for freeview/freesat, and playing back recordings. I don't use either for IPTV, it will work fine on my VU+ but have android TV so have app on there, upstairs I have a firestick for IPTV.

Back