Enigma2 Channel Database

timbo4000

After having success in creating a Channel Database for my Skybox F5S and publishing it here on TechKings I have decided to also create a database for my Vu+ Solo2 and I thought I would share the database with the TechKings world.

Yes I know it is easy to use the Autobouquets plugins for boxes running Linux with Enigma2 but I preferred to create my own using Dreamset.

The database can be downloaded below as a zipped file and download to your pc, unzip it to a folder, load the database in Dreamset or Dreambox Edit and then FTP the database (using the built in tools in either Dreamset or Dreambox Edit).

The database is for the London region and as there are very few HD channels working I have marked them as skipped so the ones not working will not show in the channel listing and EPG which makes life a bit easier searching through the channels/channel hopping.

If you use this database note that before uploading it to your Linux/Enigma2 box I highly recommend you disable Autobouquets and also disable background scanning.

To disable 'Background Scanning' enter the Main Menu > System Menu > Customise Menu > then move down to 'Disable Background Scanning' option and select 'YES' press Green coloured button (OK) then proceed with uploading the database to your satellite receiver using Dreamset or Dreambox Edit.

Hope you like it !

Attachments

• Linux Enigma2 Channel Database - London.zip
    15.1 KB · Views: 29
i prefare abm as its no messing about but others like the skybox route of messing with channels.

Yeah I agree satmanUK however I like playing around with databases ;-) So thought I would give it a go in case anyone else wants to use it instead of using Autobouquet plugins. I haven't removed and re-numbered the HD channels to the SD numbers, just left everything as per the Sky Guide channel numbers and blocked the non HD working ones. Plus I can block the rubbish channels I don't want/never watch.

Back