Enigma2 User Using Extream-Editor to receive IPTV

Spevs

Hi there, I have several Enigma2 boxes running VIX and I have been extremely satisfied with both Freeview & IPTV performance over the past 4/5 years. However, since VIX went to Python 3 there seems to be frequent issues with XE, on Python 2 XE 3.0.9 worked perfectly. Then VIX 6.0.XXX came out and XE was upgraded to 3.1.1 it worked fine, however, when VIX then went to 6.1.XXX launching XE VPN would cause a crash, despite efforts to correct this the problem remained so I choose to revert back to VIX 6.0.008 and XE 3.1.1. Unfortunately, over the past few days I am now getting an error when going into the Plugins Menu on all five of my boxes "Some Plugins are not available: Extensions/XE (bad magic number in Plugins.extensions.XE':b'o')" I see from some forums that XE has now been updated to 3.1.2 and I have tried this on the latest VIX 6.2.005 bringing previous settings to the new build and I still get the crashing.

So here is the dilemma, my IPTV supplier (who I have been with for many many years) only offers his service via XE to Enigma2 users, I have only ever used VIX images but now it seems either I'll need to back to VIX 5.4.016 or find a new build that will work with XE or some other way of getting IPTV onto my Enigma2 boxes that allows me to schedule records.

I look forward your knowledgeable comments...............

Jedi will work. Trouble is he will need to give you a dns. That shouldn't be a problem if he knows what he is doing. It can be done quite safely.

Hi there, I have several Enigma2 boxes running VIX and I have been extremely satisfied with both Freeview & IPTV performance over the past 4/5 years. However, since VIX went to Python 3 there seems to be frequent issues with XE, on Python 2 XE 3.0.9 worked perfectly. Then VIX 6.0.XXX came out and XE was upgraded to 3.1.1 it worked fine, however, when VIX then went to 6.1.XXX launching XE VPN would cause a crash, despite efforts to correct this the problem remained so I choose to revert back to VIX 6.0.008 and XE 3.1.1. Unfortunately, over the past few days I am now getting an error when going into the Plugins Menu on all five of my boxes "Some Plugins are not available: Extensions/XE (bad magic number in Plugins.extensions.XE':b'o')" I see from some forums that XE has now been updated to 3.1.2 and I have tried this on the latest VIX 6.2.005 bringing previous settings to the new build and I still get the crashing.

So here is the dilemma, my IPTV supplier (who I have been with for many many years) only offers his service via XE to Enigma2 users, I have only ever used VIX images but now it seems either I'll need to back to VIX 5.4.016 or find a new build that will work with XE or some other way of getting IPTV onto my Enigma2 boxes that allows me to schedule records.

I look forward your knowledgeable comments...............
if you have domain, port, user and pass then you do not need XE plugin, just use either jedimaker or Xtremity plugins whichever you prefer. I use jedi for live and the other for vod/catchup

Yes I am using Vix 6.2.005 and XE 3.1.2, most of the stuff in XE; VOD, Catchup and config menu work fine, the problem I'm having is when I go into XE VPN from Plugins Menu my box crashes, this has happened since Vix went to 6.2.XXX and no one seems to be able to fix it. I can stay with 6.2.005 and not use VPN but sometimes having the VPN running is useful...............

IMG_20220623_152503963.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220623_152514320.jpg
    IMG_20220623_152514320.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20220623_152520669.jpg
    IMG_20220623_152520669.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 16
Yes I am using Vix 6.2.005 and XE 3.1.2, most of the stuff in XE; VOD, Catchup and config menu work fine, the problem I'm having is when I go into XE VPN from Plugins Menu my box crashes, this has happened since Vix went to 6.2.XXX and no one seems to be able to fix it. I can stay with 6.2.005 and not use VPN but sometimes having the VPN running is useful...............
in that case try installing enigma2-plugin-extensions-vpnmanager_1.1.7-py3 it is in plugin downloads on openatv7.0 and 7.1 hopefully it is also in vix.

I can't see that plug in available in Vix 6.2.005
What model box do you have?
If it's 4K type, you should be able to use multiboot, meaning you can flash openatv to a separate partition, then install XE and try your VPN, you can have vix and atv installed on one box

I can't see that plug in available in Vix 6.2.005
Try command line

Code:
opkg install https://github.com/davesayers2014/OpenVPN/blob/PY3/enigma2-plugin-extensions-vpnmanager_1.1.7-py3_all.ipk?raw=true

Then in HDD create a folder called VPN

Download your VPN configs from your VPN provider and send them to hhd/VPN

Now create a pass.file add your username and password to the pass.file and send it to hdd/VPN

On box menu, plugins choose VPN manager then press menu and change all configs in one folder yes then set storage location for config files to HDD/VPN

Press exit then you should be able to choose a country

Alternatively I have a script generator here if you're VPN is listed Scripts and Guide for setting up OpenVPN with Most VPN,s on Enigma2

1) Nord VPN
2) IP Vanish
3) Digibit
4) PureVPN
5) PIA VPN
6) Windscrape
7) SurfShark
8) TorGuard
9) Ivacy
10) Quite

What model box do you have?
If it's 4K type, you should be able to use multiboot, meaning you can flash openatv to a separate partition, then install XE and try your VPN, you can have vix and atv installed on one box
Hi Pablo, I have two Vu+ Uno4KSE's & a Vu+ Duo4K, as I said I have used VIX forever, but I am open to trying another image if it is better. I can do a full image back up and install a new OS and try XE, I can always go back, question is what's the best image to try......?

Try command line

Code:
opkg install https://github.com/davesayers2014/OpenVPN/blob/PY3/enigma2-plugin-extensions-vpnmanager_1.1.7-py3_all.ipk?raw=true

Now create a pass.file add your username and password to the pass.file and send it to hdd/VPN

On box menu, plugins choose VPN manager then press menu and change all configs in one folder yes then set storage location for config files to HDD/VPN

Alternatively I have a script generator here if you're VPN is listed Scripts and Guide for setting up OpenVPN with Most VPN,s on Enigma2

1) Nord VPN
2) IP Vanish
3) Digibit
4) PureVPN
5) PIA VPN
6) Windscrape
7) SurfShark
8) TorGuard
9) Ivacy
10) Quite
Hi DSayers, thanks for your suggestions, I'm not that savvy with all this tech stuff, I'll take a look at your guides as I use Nord.

Try command line

Code:

1) Nord VPN
2) IP Vanish
3) Digibit
4) PureVPN
5) PIA VPN
6) Windscrape
7) SurfShark
8) TorGuard
9) Ivacy
10) Quite
1st thing, it looks like this will cost more than I am paying to NORD........
Create an account with my private network -
Code:
My Private Network VPN | The #1 Source For VPN Advice

Back