Enigma2 with its authentic skins for IPTV but the option of using Kodi for my own Movies and TV Shows.

Ontap

Hi, was not sure which section to post this in, given that it involves, enigma,iptv and kodi, mods please move if necessary.
I have been a member here a few years and used sly back in the day, I then switched to iptv and tried various android boxes inc' shield etc. Then I went back to enigma on the i55 to get a decent skin to look at when watching live tv, but had to give that up when I couldn't get a stable version of kodi to run my own content on. So back to android and or linux , but now most IPTV providers are giving up support for kodi and pvr. Am left with these crappy apps like tivimate, smarters etc , they all look awful compared to whooshman and chabs builds. Also a lot of servers are selling subs with 10'000 + channels which causes isuues when using pvr in kodi.So I really want to go back to Enigma for live tv and kodi on the same box for my own library ( I cant use VOD supplied by IPTV servers because , wife and I are both in our late 60's and have to use subtiltles where possible on everything we watch , I have tried using various "players" with VOD , but subtitles are not reliable . Thats where kodi is brilliant with subtitles.
So my question is, is there an enigma box that I can use purely for IPTV that reliably supports the kodi plugin ? ( I dont need sat ).
Apologies for length of post.

You may find the IPTV forum on here will get you better/more responses.

Most 4k enigma2 boxes will comfortably run kodi

A good provider can also remove categories/bouquets of channels that you don't want or unlikely to need, ie if the german channels aren't of interest to you then they should be able to remove the german category from your sub, this would reduce the number of channels/feeds that are downloaded to your box.

Just to add any provider should/would remove all the world channels if you didn't want them like they do with adult/no adult mate

I can ask on the Zgemma section , but while we are here, can anyone confirm that kodi will run on the i55 ( can kodi files/ folders on the box be accessed remotely for editing ), ? , am assuming that will be box for me , as I don't need any sat service .

As far as i am aware kodi can only run on ARM boxes which the zgemma i55 is not, but the zgemma i55 plus is so it should run on the zgemma i55 plus

Hi, was not sure which section to post this in, given that it involves, enigma,iptv and kodi, mods please move if necessary.
I have been a member here a few years and used sly back in the day, I then switched to iptv and tried various android boxes inc' shield etc. Then I went back to enigma on the i55 to get a decent skin to look at when watching live tv, but had to give that up when I couldn't get a stable version of kodi to run my own content on. So back to android and or linux , but now most IPTV providers are giving up support for kodi and pvr. Am left with these crappy apps like tivimate, smarters etc , they all look awful compared to whooshman and chabs builds. Also a lot of servers are selling subs with 10'000 + channels which causes isuues when using pvr in kodi.So I really want to go back to Enigma for live tv and kodi on the same box for my own library ( I cant use VOD supplied by IPTV servers because , wife and I are both in our late 60's and have to use subtiltles where possible on everything we watch , I have tried using various "players" with VOD , but subtitles are not reliable . Thats where kodi is brilliant with subtitles.
So my question is, is there an enigma box that I can use purely for IPTV that reliably supports the kodi plugin ? ( I dont need sat ).
Apologies for length of post.
Can get a second hand one in a few weeks with virgin coming to an end. Get an OCTAGON SF8008 4K

I suspect there will be a lot of good boxes going on offer when VM goes off as expected at the end of the month. I dare say even new boxes - especially those that are DVB-C and not got DVB-T2

Put a request and someone may swap in a deal with you for the zgemma i55
Thats OK , I haven't shelled out for I55 yet. Maybe I didn;t make it clear in my opening post, I had an I55 3 or 4 yrs ago ( can't remeber when exactly but they were a pretty new box at the time so it must have been just after sly on sat went tits up ), but sold it because kodi plugin wasn't stable at that time.

Thats OK , I haven't shelled out for I55 yet. Maybe I didn;t make it clear in my opening post, I had an I55 3 or 4 yrs ago ( can't remeber when exactly but they were a pretty new box at the time so it must have been just after sly on sat went tits up ), but sold it because kodi plugin wasn't stable at that time.
Do you have any devices at the moment ??

Usual stuff, apple tv 4k in lounge wife loves it, I run my small plex server from a mac , so she watches our content on plex plus have netflix,and uses iplayer, itv player etc, for her soaps . a couple of 4k firesticks in bedrooms and for all my sport , I have a "MeCool BB2 pro" 4gb ram , dual boot, corelec for kodi , but as I said the pvr on it isnt good too many channels I modded the pvr skin to look like sly but epg isnt reliable and am sick of paying to mess about on xtreme editor to edit down the m3u file. So I end up switching the box back to android which I personally don't like and having to watch on one of the iptv apps which work ok but look naff. I watch very little mainstream TV , just sport , but I can remember how good those sly skins were/are on that I55. I also have a starstreams sub for many years which is probably imo anyway the best sports only sub about, thats another reason for using kodi , it has a decent addon.

Looks like gigablue UHD 4k supports kodi 18.6 according openvix.

Overview of boxes with KODI 18.6 (test reports from OpenATV) supported by OpenViX. If your box is listed 'Without Widevine', Netflix, Amazon VOD addons etc... will not work. Kodi 18.6 with local media is working fine:

Amiko Viper 4K
Amiko Viper 4k 51 (important to restart after installing Kodi box)
ANADOL multibox (Maxytec Multibox image should work)
AX 4K HD51 ultra
AX 61
Edision OS mega (without widevine)
Edision OS Mio 4k
Edision OS Mio 4k Plus
Formuler F1 (without widevinne)
Gigablue UHD TRIO 4K
Gigablue UHD UE 4K
Gigablue UHD QUAD 4K
Maxytec multibox
Mut@nt hd2400 (without widevinne)
Mut@nt HD51
Octagon SF4008 (important to restart after installing Kodi box)
Octagon SF8008
VUPLUS Duo2 (without widevinne)
VUPLUS SOLO2 (without widevinne)
VUPLUS SOLO SE (without widevinne)
VUPLUS ZERO 4K
VUPLUS UNO 4K
VUPLUS UNO SE 4K
VUPLUS SOLO 4K
VUPLUS ULTIMO 4K
VUPLUS DUO 4K
Xtrend ET10000 (without widevinne)
Zgemma I55 plus (SD card for ROOTFS is required)
Zgemma H9 COMBO
Zgemma H9 TWIN
Zgemma H9S (SD card for ROOTFS is required)
Zgemma H9T (SD card for ROOTFS is required)
Zgemma H92S (SD card for ROOTFS is required)
Zgemma H92H (SD card for ROOTFS is required)
Zgemma H7

Looks like gigablue UHD 4k supports kodi 18.6 according openvix
I did look on and not in the spec unless i missed it

Features:

• Fast Dual Core BCM7252S processor with 2GB DDR4 RAM
  • 4GB eMMC Flash
  • 3" color display
  • 5 x USB (1 front + 4 back)
  • 2 x Ci
  • 1 x HDMI in 2.0
  • 1 x HDMI out 2.0
  • 1 x e-SATA
  • Twin Tuner ( Full-Band Capture front end)
  • Demodalutor 8x DVB-S2
  • 1 x PnP tuner (DVB-S2/DVB-S2X (coming soon), DVB-C2, DVB-T/T2/HEVC265)
  • optical
  • RS-242,
  • Ethernet Gigabit LAN (RJ-45/1000Mbps)
  • 1 x SD Card 2.0 Up to 25MByte/s
  • 2 x Audio PiP over BT (Bluetooth)
  • PiP
  • SAT>iP, Multiroom Server function

Last edited:
Back