Epg adventures

Sandpaper

Hi Folks,

Decided to break my cherry and flashed ipab.tv on my Vu solo2 that i got a few years ago which came with vix pre installed. Unfortunately my EPG is misbehaving, Channel names are missing on some but epg listing/synopsis is there. On others the channel name is their and the epg listing is missing. A few days ago after the over night update some of the channels them selves were missing like sly one(channel 5HD and then directly below that is channel W). Under movies only 3 of sly channels are listed, this is despite checking all settings ie provider is tick for opentv 28.2 etc. Numerous rescans with sly boutique maker/cross epg and completely erasing boutiques/channels/epg data as per guide have not resolved the problem. I gave up on it yesterday as i had signed up for IPTV with provider and was changing it to free to air anyway with my iptv boutiques supplied by epg importer running beside FTA. So hid/unticked all the sly folders/boutique that were sat feeds. Im still missing epg data/listings on some but at least all the freesat channel listings are there.
I have now noticed a problem with my iptv boutiques channel names missing but epg synopsis/listingpresent.
(at least the channels are actually there!). Funny thing is if I manual import from my providers rytec etc on the epg import plugin everything comes back for a few minutes and then disappear again!

I have checked all storage settings Media/hdd and went through drive mount settings etc and everything seems fine. When i installed Ipabtv i didn't initialise my internal hard drive as i was hoping to keep my stuff on it from the previous image vix, im wondering if this has anything to do with it? I also set up a swap file as per installation instructions, perhaps I shouldn't have done this as vix would have already had this done?

Im pulling my hair out at this stage trying to get this sorted over the last few days(only can get at the box when everyone goes to bed) so any help or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Apologies for the length of this post!

Hi Folks,

Any suggestions as to what do? As I said when i do a fresh import on epg import the names of the programs/movies that are currently on in the info bars come back for a minute or so then half of them disappear. Epg synopsis info is fine, being playing a game of guess the name of program/movie from the synopsis! If anyone has any suggestions I would really appreciate it as Im new to this.

Hi Steptoe,
Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, had a really bad bug for the last few days. Left me with an arse that looks like a Japanese flag! thank God its over. Yeah before i even added my iptv sub with new boutiques etc and was only using cross epg. The epg was set for sky boutiques with all the channels present (even though they wouldn't clear/ were blank ) a few days later a large number them disappeared from the epg altogether.
Anyway got sorted with full epg listings/channels from iptv. Uninstalled EPG importer(which i had installed as per providers instructions) then reinstalled, when i went back into providers there was alot more present than just rytec uk to pick from when i first installed it. There were sub folders for the rytec uk.xyz this time including fta,sly,anytime, movies and sports etc. Pick all of them, reimported and job done. I rearranged my boutiques to have FTA movies beside IPTV movies etc using the webinter. and disabled slyBM's over night download so it wouldn't change them. just wondering if this is the correct procedure as what happens when a channels move transponder on the fta/sat feed stuff?

Last edited:
Hi Steptoe,
Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, had a really bad bug for the last few days. Left me with an arse that looks like a Japanese flag! thank God its over. Yeah before i even added my iptv sub with new boutiques etc and was only using cross epg. The epg was set for sky boutiques with all the channels present (even though they wouldn't clear/ were blank ) a few days later a large number them disappeared from the epg altogether.
Anyway got sorted with full epg listings/channels from iptv. Uninstalled EPG importer(which i had installed as per providers instructions) then reinstalled, when i went back into providers there was alot more present than just rytec uk to pick from when i first installed it. There were sub folders for the rytec uk.xyz this time including fta,sly,anytime, movies and sports etc. Pick all of them, reimported and job done. I rearranged my boutiques to have FTA movies beside IPTV movies etc using the webinter. and disabled slyBM's over night download so it wouldn't change them. just wondering if this is the correct procedure as what happens when a channels move transponder on the fta/sat feed stuff?

no idea mate
your IPTV provider should provide you with their epg ,
its not really a satellite question
unless you are asking about the satellite epg, which is different from the iptv one

No worries,
am I right in saying I should create a new post in regards to the settings for SlyBM in the IPTV section?

you might get better answers in the iptv section,
tbh, I know absolutely nothing about it, apart from your provider should be supplying your epg

Back