EPG does not update certain programmes guide details

Hi I am hoping someone can help me resolve a fairly minor issue. It relates to the EPG, for instance certain program details of the episode are from the previous week and not updating to the current program. I am using a VU + uno and Open ATV version 6.2, with the Whooshbuild and Sky Q skin.

Another issue I have is with the same setup and relates to the HDMI input. If I select this input and view it via my receiver it works perfectly, when I try to record from this input the recording pixelates the picture and the sound is muted. I have tried a couple of different HDMI sources and one is definitely not copy right protected. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance if anyone is able to assist.

I have just checked and my EPG updates at 7.50 everyday. Yes I am using the sources you mentioned, the configuration was created automatically after installation. It has 6 ticks under the “ Rytec UK Sat/Virgin XMLTV”

I have just checked and my EPG updates at 7.50 everyday. Yes I am using the sources you mentioned, the configuration was created automatically after installation. It has 6 ticks under the “ Rytec UK Sat/Virgin XMLTV”

I have noticed now that the EPG is skipped when in deep standby so I wonder if this needs to be set to,wake up and import

What happens if you delete the whole epg then scan in again
You can delete the epg from wb config

Any particular reason why are you using deep standby?
From memory, this is effectively "off".
The box can only auto update EPG etc when in normal standby mode.

Last edited:
I am not using deep standby, it was just a thought as I spotted it in the menu relating to the EPG so thought I would mention it.

Users of Rytec EPG data need to let Doglover know on his preferred forum so that he can update the references.
There is a thread for Virgin UK. Ensure you post the name of the channel as well as the service reference

Back