Cable EPG empty, then back to normal.

Switched on my freeview h7c using VIX. BBC one HD displayed. “Odd” I thought. Pressed epg, no channels shown.
Booted to grogbuild on partition 2, all normal. Booted back to partition 1, all normal again.
Any suggestions as to why this happened please, or how I can stop it happening again?
(My wife is a technophobe, and would have freaked out if she had found it.)

Supplementary question: I know there has been some channel changes on FreeView.
I’ve spent quite a lot of time arranging them to just how I want them.
If I rescan to pick up the new channel and the channel changes, will I have to do it all over again,
or is there a way to keep the order?
TIA,
GOP

If the epg is stored on the hdd both images should pick it up.
Check in EPG settings if it's set to internal or hdd on both images.

I didn't think freeview actually downloaded the EPG data?
If I go to settings>epg>load.save.delete
And delete the epg, then go to any freeview channel, epg populates after a few seconds, all freeview channels epg populate after that

Using ABM is not the same as scanning. Scanning doesn't affect your bouquets.
You will have to modify your bouquets and replace the channels that moved.

If the box has lost power or been fully rebooted sometimes the time and date defaults back to when it was made. Like it may show as been 2012, so until the box grabs the time and date the epg will be empty.

Curious to know when you said switched it on was it from standby

Do you have a daily epg download done automatically.

When you said lost channels you had no list of channels to view OR the epg list was it.

You dont have abm setup or autobouquets as your using your own list or its in your listed bouquet which does not get altered.

Curious to know when you said switched it on was it from standby
Do you have a daily epg download done automatically.
When you said lost channels you had no list of channels to view OR the epg list was it.
You dont have abm setup or autobouquets as your using your own list or its in your listed bouquet which does not get altered.
The box is on permanently, so I switched on the TV , then pressed the EPG button, and saw no channels, no programs.

So your channel lists were ok as you not checked your list and went straight to the epg that was blank , as i never use that epg i go to my channel via bouquets and click on that and it loads my epg from there.Cheers

Back