EPG, Frequent blue circle and pause / playback issues

6greeny9

So... New to Zgemma and new to this forum but I will say I have read many threads and have learnt a lot but not too sure I have answers to my issues.

my box arrived Friday - I spent several hours setting the box up with wooshbuild (6steps) and uploaded my line details.

immediately I was impressed, very impressed! My older openbox was rarely used due to its difficult to navigate menu (wife's words not mine) but after setting this box up I was excited to show her the interface and how easy and speedy it was to navigate through both the menu and channels but as began to explore further I encountered problems that have affected my whole experience since then.

as I said, all was well until I sampled recording and pausing. I attempted to record one program, whilst watching another but then I was unable to change the channel whilst the other was recording. One the program had recorded as I went to play it back the sound and picture was at times out of sync and jumpy for prolonged periods. Since that issue the blue circle in the top left of the screen seems to want to make a regular appearance and slows things down, I will request EPG data and it will take some time before displaying the EPG and even then there is lots of data missing. After reading the threads I have completed a 'force EPG reload' which has helped with the EPG info but not the blue circle but I've not tested the pause / record / playback options ( quite frankly I'm too scared to be waiting for so long and have to reset things etc.)

has as anyone got any ideas of why I'm experiencing these issues? Is is all pointing to one solution?

I would say cheap storage HDD, USB or sd card

Thanks for your response, I thought from other posts that this may have been mentioned. I currently have a legit 320gb WD passport in there albeit it's about 7/8 years old. Would you still believe this to be a problem? If so, what would you recommend? In fairness, I'm not a big recorder perhaps max 10 hours of programs at any one time and pause occasionally for a brew only, what would be needed/required? The key for me is to have the wife to be comfortable to use it and that for me means no blue circle and a quick response to commands etc.

Yes I would believe that's the problem, what speed is the hdd, try a flash drive and see the difference then maybe think of getting a newer larger drive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To me that would the first place I would look anyway. At least worth a short
7/8 year old drive isn't going to be the most modern drive out there
for the price of them days why not

Yes I would believe that's the problem, what speed is the hdd, try a flash drive and see the difference then maybe think of getting a newer larger drive

thanks again. Forgive me for this but is a flash drive the same as a usb stick? If so I just have an 8gb one that I used during the set up, could I use this? If so, would I have to format it again? But also, (I know... Another question, do you know the process for putting another device in the box and setting it up?

8gb a bit small for use with time shift etc but anyway put in front, press blue button, look for hard disk and initialise , put box into deep standby by, swap your newly initiated drive to the rear, switch on, repopulate your epg and that should do it

Wack it in front, do as I instructed them deep standby , swap drive

Back