WooshBuild EPG issue

steptoe

VIP Member
Not a whooshbuild issue, but it made me pick one.

I have reflashed openVix and now my EPG is messed,
After doing a full scan only IPTV and last scanned show up,
Where have all my sat channels gone,???

I deleted everything except for my Freesat and skyUK , as I thought that would make it easier, still noting but
Last Scanned
Favourites
and all my IPTV showing ,
using plain OpenVix

Scanning using the function in enigma2 does not create bouquets. It only populates the last scanned bouquet.

Try using AutoBouquetsMaker. You have to reload bouquets after t completes. Easiest way is to restart or change channel viewing modes. Go to sats/providers then back to favourites

Last edited:
Scanning does using the function in enigma2 does not create bouquets. It only populates the last scanned bouquet.

Try using AutoBouquetsMaker. You have to reload bouquets after t completes. Easiest way is to restart or change channel viewing modes. Go to sats/providers then back to favourites
Thanks,
The one thing I notice, is my IPTV is not in my ABM providers , is that an issue.?

Once system setup you can go to autobouquetsmaker and in keep bouquets you will see iptv bouquets, but moshibeth is correct abm does not bring them in.

abm ,providers,freesat uk ,if on 28.e say lnb 45,nmake sure storage set to right place + epg importor tick all in gener rytec + all in sat/vm rytec shud fix mate

Thanks,
The one thing I notice, is my IPTV is not in my ABM providers , is that an issue.?
ABM will show you other existing bouquets when you have specific options set. Like which bouquet to use as the first/main one. ABM will not interfere with non-ABM bouquets by default.

Best you upload the debug log which includes your execution of ABM so we can see what options you have set.

if on 28.e say lnb 45,

Enigma2 allows upto 64 LNBs in advanced tuner configuration mode. There should be no need for most users to go into advanced mode. In any case LNB should still be number 1 for majority.

Can people please ignore the "LNB 45" advice when using ABM. There is no way we would ever code such a requirement in ABM.

Enigma2 allows upto 64 LNBs in advanced tuner configuration mode. There should be no need for most users to go into advanced mode. In any case LNB should still be number 1.

Can people please ignore the "LNB 45" advice when using ABM. There is no way we would ever code such a requirement in ABM.
if u look the 28.e is on 45 now as it change a good few months and i have 2 h9s on ukfreest setup on that n imported the freesat channels fine if u leave it on auto it fails to scan

Enigma2 allows upto 64 LNBs in advanced tuner configuration mode. There should be no need for most users to go into advanced mode. In any case LNB should still be number 1 for majority.

Yes I cannot remember member who posted before about LNB 45 he did seem adamant about this but personally never needed to try it.

Yes I cannot remember member who posted before about LNB 45 he did seem adamant about this but personally never needed to try it.
i did do the digging n searching on the last freesat uk frequency change buddy ,i wouldnt say something that i havnt done myself tbf

That is a list of transponders on 28.2E, not LNBs. It has nothing to do with ABM or LNBs. Enigma2 does not read websites when it comes to tuning or scanning/adding channels.

Reading between the lines of your posts, it seems that you had left tuner configuration on Automatic. This means it uses auto Diseqc. Autodiseqc checks for reception on specific transponders to validate the satellite and set the tuner. If Auto diseqc fails, it would be a reception issue that is probably caused by an alignment issue or some other hardware fault. OpenVix and OpenPLi use the Sky transponder as this is accessible for most of Europe and more importantly it is the frequency that has OpenTV EPG data that CrossEPG uses as well as the OpenTV EPG reader in Enigma2 images. ATV still uses the frequency that has CNBC. enigma2/AutoDiseqc.py at 7.0 · openatv/enigma2

Your posts about using LNB 45 are wrong, unhelpful and counter productive. I am pretty sure you want to help people. So it is best you and I both post what is correct.
You can quite simply obtain tuner config entries by issuing this command. Your settings would be in the file created in /tmp
cat /etc/enigma2/settings | grep config.Nims > /tmp/mytunerconfig.txt
A manual, single satellite scan on 28.2 shoudl yield 860+ services. If you are not getting less than this, it is categoric proof of alignment/hardware issue.

The way ABM works is that is reads, it does not scan. Yes, the button says scan, there is no exact word that the masses would understand. It Tunes to a specified frequency and reads the data on that transponder and add the services.

For Freesat on 28.2, ABM reads the data on this transponder
AutoBouquetsMaker/sat_282_freesat.xml at master · oe-alliance/AutoBouquetsMaker
frequency="11426000"
symbol_rate="27500000"
polarization="0" ( Horizontal)

For Sky on 28.2, ABM reads the data on this transponder
AutoBouquetsMaker/sat_282_sky_uk.xml at master · oe-alliance/AutoBouquetsMaker
frequency="11778000"
symbol_rate="27500000"
polarization="1" (Vertical)

That is a list of transponders on 28.2E, not LNBs. It has nothing to do with ABM or LNBs. Enigma2 does not read websites when it comes to tuning or scanning/adding channels.

Reading between the lines of your posts, it seems that you had left tuner configuration on Automatic. This means it uses auto Diseqc. Autodiseqc checks for reception on specific transponders to validate the satellite and set the tuner. If Auto diseqc fails, it would be a reception issue that is probably caused by an alignment issue or some other hardware fault. OpenVix and OpenPLi use the Sky transponder as this is accessible for most of Europe and more importantly it is the frequency that has OpenTV EPG data that CrossEPG uses as well as the OpenTV EPG reader in Enigma2 images. ATV still uses the frequency that has CNBC. enigma2/AutoDiseqc.py at 7.0 · openatv/enigma2

Your posts about using LNB 45 are wrong, unhelpful and counter productive. I am pretty sure you want to help people. So it is best you and I both post what is correct.
You can quite simply obtain tuner config entries by issuing this command. Your settings would be in the file created in /tmp
cat /etc/enigma2/settings | grep config.Nims > /tmp/mytunerconfig.txt
A manual, single satellite scan on 28.2 shoudl yield 860+ services. If you are not getting less than this, it is categoric proof of alignment/hardware issue.

The way ABM works is that is reads, it does not scan. Yes, the button says scan, there is no exact word that the masses would understand. It Tunes to a specified frequency and reads the data on that transponder and add the services.

For Freesat on 28.2, ABM reads the data on this transponder
AutoBouquetsMaker/sat_282_freesat.xml at master · oe-alliance/AutoBouquetsMaker
frequency="11426000"
symbol_rate="27500000"
polarization="0" ( Horizontal)

For Sky on 28.2, ABM reads the data on this transponder
AutoBouquetsMaker/sat_282_sky_uk.xml at master · oe-alliance/AutoBouquetsMaker
frequency="11778000"
symbol_rate="27500000"
polarization="1" (Vertical)
Cracking post as always abu (y)

Back