epg problem

wigan13

Registered
hi guys
my epg is not updating even though ive done a manual update has anyone else have any problems.
wigan13

wigan13

Registered
for some reason nothing was ticked,so ive ticked the 6 uk ones and only a few work,ive had problems with my usb hard drive and the settings so i dont no wheather the epg settings are right.
wigan13

dsayers2014

VIP Member
If your not bothered about what's on the storage device re initializ it.

Also in epg menu choose load/save/delete and delete epg then settings make sure epg is saved to media/hdd or storage device location.

Re run epg importer or use crossepg.

wigan13

Registered
ive done what you said m8 the diffrence this time when i reloaded the epg was the picture stayed on while updating,so im well lost with this now
wigan13

dsayers2014

VIP Member
If you used epg importer the picture will stay on.

For crossepg if you only have one tuner and viewing a sat channel the picture normally goes black as it uses the tuner but if you have 2 sat feeds or watching via iptv or another source the picture will stay on.

Has epg updated correctly?

wigan13

Registered
when i was reanisalisind my usb devive the message on screen said i was in timeshift does this help why im having problems.
wigan13

pabloescaban

VIP Member
Forum Supporter
If you have recordings scheduled these may be what's causing timeshift message.

If you can't initialise the usb you may need a new one but this won't stop you from getting an epg, the box only saves it to the usb when switched off

wigan13

Registered
im in timeshift and it says
timeshift location-media/hdd
autorecord media/hdd
enable auto record -no
im sure that in recording settings were default movie location media/hdd
timer recording location-media/hdd
instant recordind locatio media/hdd
wigan13