Everton's new ground proposal approved

36red

Everton's plans for a new 52,000-seater stadium have received final approval from the government, the club said.
The Bramley-Moore Dock site on Liverpool's waterfront was given council approval in February, but the government had asked for time to review the proposals.
The Premier League club have played at Goodison Park since 1892 and have been looking for a new home for 25 years.
The club said they could now proceed, adding it was a "momentous day".

_117006294_f2ee4553-9420-42db-8ba1-17de5469421b.jpg

_117006296_d2240c84-a482-4715-8aaa-75c54be97402.jpg

While the pictures look nice it does appear that fans have only one way into the ground unless they come via water. Expect bottle necks and long queues on match days.

Last edited:
Very odd and different stadium for sure.

Think it will something special when its completed.

Old trafford I think needs a major upgrade and overhaul also as it seems tired and old now.

Very odd and different stadium for sure.

Think it will something special when its completed.

Old trafford I think needs a major upgrade and overhaul also as it seems tired and old now.
Yes Old T just keeps getting bits added to get the fans in. The view from inside in some sections is ridiculous you are miles away and need binoculars to see the players.

A whole new re-think of a stadium for the next generation should be considered but maybe the powers that be are waiting to see if this fold up seats/standing thing gets full approval.

I'm not a ciddy fan but I went to there ground a few years ago now on business and WOW the view of the pitch form where I was in a box was awesome, I felt so close to the pitch.

But as you and I know the Glazers want income not expenditure.

I cant seem them building a whole new ground on the same piece of land EVER quite frankly.

Not as long as the same owners are in charge.

Old Trafford needs to get with the times. Spurs and City's stadiums are of envy especially the former and needs to be this way in the modern game.

Having a ground which only has slight improvements every so often basically puts you behind some of the best stadiums in the world.

I cant seem them building a whole new ground on the same piece of land EVER quite frankly.

Not as long as the same owners are in charge.

Old Trafford needs to get with the times. Spurs and City's stadiums are of envy especially the former and needs to be this way in the modern game.

Having a ground which only has slight improvements every so often basically puts you behind some of the best stadiums in the world.
Absolutely but there will always be those who say United must stay at Old Trafford and never re-locate. Would be a right laugh if they did move to a new location with motorway access etc as the hotel owned by the ex players neville and co would be of no use roflmao. How United didn't build one there themselves is a complete mystery to me.

Absolutely but there will always be those who say United must stay at Old Trafford and never re-locate. Would be a right laugh if they did move to a new location with motorway access etc as the hotel owned by the ex players neville and co would be of no use roflmao. How United didn't build one there themselves is a complete mystery to me.

I am one of those mate.

I NEVER want them to leave Old trafford, that stadium and land is historic and amazing moments have happened there for this club.

All I would want is a complete new modern ground thats exceeds todays modern world expectations. That would be made on the same land/location currently.

But like I said extremely unlikely it will ever happen. Revamping the look of the stadium and facilities is the next best thing.

I am one of those mate.

I NEVER want them to leave Old trafford, that stadium and land is historic and amazing moments have happened there for this club.

All I would want is a complete new modern ground thats exceeds todays modern world expectations. That would be made on the same land/location currently.

But like I said extremely unlikely it will ever happen. Revamping the look of the stadium and facilities is the next best thing.
You would have thought that with the Glazers owning the Bucs they would have been more than interested in Spurs ground with it's NFL connections and wanted to do the same up in Manchetser

Back