Exactly what to do to upgrade atv6.1 to atv6.2

c11cha

Hi guys, as the title says, can I do this quickly without losing anything from the Zgemma H.2s .

I’m just on the infinity build and have E2 Istream which is losing more and more working links.

I’ve got a usb in the back for recordings, previously backed up settings but then they have disappeared.

Could some kind soul please walk me through it...... if it’s a tricky job I’ll leave it until the weekend...... oh! I’ve also got a card share sub on it

Backup before hand. Then there won’t be problems
Pull your usb out with the records. But a update shouldn’t touch them at all

you have to flash atv so everything on the box (not the usb stick) will be wiped off, you need a usb in the box to flash online atv 6.3 (6.3 is the current stable release)

If you currently have wooshbuild then I would suggest backing up your settings, flash atv 6.3 and then follow the wooshbuild inifinity setup thread, it shouldn't take any longer than half an hour. You can then restore your settings if needed once wb infinity is installed.

you have to flash atv so everything on the box (not the usb stick) will be wiped off, you need a usb in the box to flash online atv 6.3 (6.3 is the current stable release)

If you currently have wooshbuild then I would suggest backing up your settings, flash atv 6.3 and then follow the wooshbuild inifinity setup thread, it shouldn't take any longer than half an hour. You can then restore your settings if needed once wb infinity is installed.

Grog is 6.3 ok now for E2isream? I was reading 6.2 was best for Zgemma H2s for grog skin? Or am I dreaming?

So should I do a full back up on the current usb, remove it, put a fresh one in and then flash online? Thanks for the replies.

I run 6.3 on two boxes and E2istream works fine on both, not sure what you mean about 'Grog skin' ?

A full backup is always handy to have in case things go wrong, you can use that to reflash the box to it's current state.

You need to also need to 'backup settings', this is just the settings personal to your box, ie line, timers etc and this can be restored once reflashed

E2iStream

I was reading this thread and it mentions grog freebuild range?

I’m running WB free sat the now.

Ok I’ll maybe do it when I’ve more time, not touched it in ages so I need to get my head round it again. So back up complete ? Sorry can’t go into the settings right now and see the options.

I’ll get another usb to format 32 it and use that for my settings.

grogbuild is a build as is wooshbuild, the skin is the virgin or sky look etc, sorry I got confused

I am using grogbuild freerange with atv 6.3 and have no issues. If you install Grogbuild FreeRange then E2Istream is installed during setup.

Thanks grog68, much appreciated bud. I would like to stick to WB as I know my way. Kinda....

Be grateful for a step by step guide if anyone could help

no, 6.3 is the version of ATV to use now as 6.2 will not be updated for much longer if it is still and you will need to reflash again

Thank you ! Will get the reading specs on at the weekend... once I get into it I’ll be ok.... I hope

Back