Extending the June Lockdown date

tonytaxi

So with this new covid variant apparently running riot in certain areas of the country do you think Boris will extend lockdown for a few more weeks?
He had previously said he'd let the bodies pile up rather than extend lockdown.

Every time he eases restrictions cases goes up IMO.
Personally June 21st isn’t going to happen and can probably see schools closing earlier then July for next holidays but if he doesn’t ease it he will be all names under sun and if he extends it he’s gunna be in same scinario!!!

The key to freedom is finishing the Vaccination program, at that point they would be next to no hospitalisations and deaths. Case will still be there and the new variants are a worry but vaccinated people still have some protection from these.

Im a little worried as the under 30s dont fear Covid, most feel they will get through Covid and therefore dont need to be vaccinated. My own children included.

So with this new covid variant apparently running riot in certain areas of the country do you think Boris will extend lockdown for a few more weeks?
He had previously said he'd let the bodies pile up rather than extend lockdown.
yes I do believe he'll delay lockdown because he's a very weak leader and seems to be allowing SAGE to run things.
I don't feel he should delay because there's always going to be varients, so unless the government are going to have faith
in this vaccination programme, then I ask where on eaerth is this going to stop as we head into winter.

I feel we should follow Florida, USA and end all restrictions. The only advice I've ever thought of any value is 'social distancing',
which amazingly, I find government keen to get rid of.

Pretty sure he's going to extend it by four weeks later today. If the NHS is in danger of being overwhelmed if hospitalisations continue to rise then I guess he has no option - either keep restrictions or increase NHS capacity, which obviously won't happen.

Quite frustrating tbh, first we had to keep everyone safe, then were told we had to get the vulnerable vaccinated, then as many non-vulnerable vaccinated to further protect the vulnerable... and yet we're still not allowed to start living life.

We need to be kept as safe as possible, what's another month in the grand scheme of things is my reasoning.
As to the NHS being overwhelmed we never used the Nightingale Hospital they built in London could that be brought back to use?
It's all a big mess.

I agree with @tonytaxi after more than a year ofthis crap, another month will not do any harm, I also belive that an annual Covid booster will become the replacement for the annual Flu Vaccine.

Personally another month isn't a problem at all. People who's livelihoods and/or mental wellbeing depend upon the lifting of restrictions think differently though.

I agree with @tonytaxi after more than a year ofthis crap, another month will not do any harm, I also belive that an annual Covid booster will become the replacement for the annual Flu Vaccine.

“So far, more than 41 million people have had a first vaccine dose - 78% of the adult population - and almost 30 million have had a second."

We're vaccinated mate, in exactly the position we would be with a annual booster and restrictions still aren't being lifted.

I think it may go back on the tier system like last time with some worse off than they are now with current restrictions.

They reckon that in the extra month of restrictions, they can get ten million more vaccinations done.
It's a bit of a PITA but hospitality is open, to a fashion, foreign travel is still allowed, with tests and quarantine, so until it's been verified for absolute certainty that the vaccines are effective against new strains then I think it's better to be cautious. It's ok people saying 'were vaccinated' but if the mutations can find a way around the vaccine were back to square one, at least with four weeks more studying into cases and deaths we'll know for sure, being 90% sure is no good when you're dealing with the lives of sixty million people

Of course it frustrating for sure the extension of restrictions for a further period of time.

I personally won't feel much different with the extension but can understand it may affect others financially etc with these measures being extended.

Lives are most important and the Indian variant as we know in some parts has spread quite high. Again due to the incompetency of the government who should have put india on red list straight away instead of intentionally delaying. So make sure the vaccine can be effective against this variant and others is the number 1 priority. We can't afford to go to lockdown or even tier system again.

No surprises then go on party on the beaches and parks no segregating and close contact and then leave a load of litter behind.

All 7 are clowns and some would argue BOJO is the biggest clown of the lot :LOL::LOL::LOL:
It's always easy to make comments AFTER an event and say things should have been done differently, the world is full of critics, anyone and everyone can be a critic.
Can you just elaborate to me and other forumites how and why the 7 leaders at the G7 conference are as you put it "clowns" please? and why you say Boris Johnson is the biggest clown of the lot?

It's always easy to make comments AFTER an event and say things should have been done differently, the world is full of critics, anyone and everyone can be a critic.
Can you just elaborate to me and other forumites how and why the 7 leaders at the G7 conference are as you put it "clowns" please? and why you say Boris Johnson is the biggest clown of the lot?
I have my reasons and I am not gona get into a political debate as thats not what this forum is about.

But by all means if you support the G7 leaders including Boris himself more power to you (y)

Back